How can I love you?

Chapter 18

The bus came to a stop at my favourite place. Kidland. I had promised myself that I'd come back and here I was. I strolled down to the park Philip and I had been in and took a seat on a nearby bench. It was still raining, but only lightly. It drizzled across my face in a refreshing gesture. I lay my head back on the bench and welcomed it. I really should get out more. I loved the rain, it was so invigorating. I spent a few hours in that park. I couldn't go into any shops because obviously I had no money. I never thought to bring any, thinking I'd only be going home to see my family. I enjoyed the time I had to myself and before I knew it, the sky had begun to darken. I got up quickly, wondering how I'd sat for so long without realising the time. Philip would be so angry at me. He was probably really worried. He's going to kill me. I ran to the bus stop and had to wait a bit for the bus. When one finally arrived I got on and sat near the back. There weren't many people on the bus now. The sky was growing darker and I sat looking out the window worriedly. 

When we had driven for almost an hour, a man got onto the bus and made his way down the bus. He looked at me, smiled and sat down beside me. I moved closer to the window, wondering why he couldn't jsut sit somewhere else. There were plenty of other seats on the bus. I crossed my arms over my chest and stared out the window, hoping that the bus would go faster. I felt a warm breath in my ear and I jumped but a stong grip had a hold of my arm. "They said you escaped. I see you decided to go back did you?" he whispered in my ear. I tried to free myself but he held fast. I opened my mouth to shout but he beat me to it by putting his hand over my mouth. Nobody saw because therewas nobody behind me and the others on the bus were facing forwards. "I'm not going to hurt you. He sent me to tell you not to forget about what he discussed with you. You must do as he said and make sure you do not go to the ball tomorrow night. You understand?" I could do nothing but nod into his hand. "Goog girl. I'll see you soon," he smiled and released me before getting up. The bus had stopped and he got up and went to the door. He looked back and sent me a wink before stepping off. I gulped and played with my fingers until the bus got to the next stop, where my stop was.

I got off and began my walk into the woods. It was pretty dark so I had to stay as close to the outskirts as I could so that I'd be able to see. My heart was in my mouth as I walked, my head whiping around at every little sound. I was so afraid that guy would come back or the other weirdo from the mall that day. 

I alked for ten minutes or so and then I heard some shouting in the distance. It sounded like male voices. I began to pick up my pace but the shouting just became louder. They sounded like they were behind me. I started running, getting faster and faster and eventually I felt my only option was to run into the woods, deeper and deeper until I had no idea where I was going or where I was. It was really hard to make out where I was because it was so dark. I was running almost blind. The only light I had to work with was from the moon that was shinning through the trees. The shouted continued and I almost smashed into a tree when I felt someone grab me. I screamed so loud that my voice cracked and went hoarse when I had finished. A hand clamped over my mouth and another hand grabbed my other arm. I struggled and pulled against the holds but they just became tighter. "No" Let me go! Please!" I yelled but it came out muffled. I jumped and thrashed but more and more hands appeared. "Please, my lady. We're here to help!" a voice shouted at me but I couldn't comprehend what it was saying. "We found her!" somebody else shouted louder. I continued to struggle, so much so that it hurt. "Phease, my lady!" the same voice shouted. 

I never gave up struggling until I noticed something familiar. It was the door of the house. The Alden's house... Philip's house. I stopped struggling abruptly and breathed out in relief. My arms and legs ached from attempting to escape. My eyes watered from before and I wiped them away, breathing heavily. The door burst open and Philip stood looking at me, his body riggid and his dark eyes alternating from hurt to anger to expressionless. "Your majesty, we found her," one of the guards claimed. I felt such relief, I felt the need to smile and I was about to, but something in Philip's expression stopped me. "Your majesty?" the same guard questioned, lifting my forearm slightly. "Yes... release her," his voice sounded hard and edgy. I sniffled and the guard pushed me forward with a little more force than necessary I thought. I stumbled forward and Philip caught my forearm. Instead of the hug I expected, I was pulled rather roughly away from the door. "Philip-" I began but he yanked me harder and walked faster up the stairs. I expected him to be mad but this was a bit much. "Philip, you're hurting me." I spoke while trying to keep up with him so it wouldn't hurt. We finally made it to our room and he pushed the door open hard and it flew open, hit the wall and squng back at us. He caught it, dragged me in and let me go before slamming the door. 

I stood, kind of shocked if I'm honest. I didn't think he would ever willingly hurt me. His eyes were on the floor and he looked mad and seemed to be growing more angry every minute. His hands went up to rub his temples and he was breathing heavily. "Philip, I-" I began. "Don't! Shh! I don't want to hear your pathetic excuses!" he yelled. I stepped back, shocked. I swallowed hard. I wasn't scared of him. I loved him. He didn't look at me yet. I took a step toward him and reached out to touch his hand. Before I reached him though, he slapped my hand away harshly. He finally looked at me. He had so much emotion in his eyes and in a flash, his expression was composed and there was a mask in place. He looked at me with cold eyes and I frowned, confused. "Why did you lie to me?" he eventually asked, his voice coming out really quiet and dangerous. This kind of frightened me and I took a step forward again but he held up his hand to stop me and waited on my answer. "Lie to you? I didn't lie to you," I said honestly. "Yes you did," he spoke with the same cold tone. I just shook my head. He closed his eyes and breathed heavily, like he was trying to control himself. 

"You claimed to love me... when you clearly don't," he said bitterly. I frowned, confused at this. "What are you talking about?" I questioned but he pushed me to the wall near the bed and stood in front of me. "I said don't lie to me," he threatened angrily. I opened my mouth to protest but he slammed his hand against the wall beside my head, making me jump. I saw hurt flash in his eyes. "You don't have a choice in this Georgia. Whether you like it or not, we will be married." I just shook my head again, unable to understand what he was talking about. "But you didn't have to say you loved me when you didn't. That's cruel. I may be nothing but a vampire... a creature but I do have feelings Georgia. My heart may be stone but I can still feel." His voice cracked on the last word. I felt so bad for him looking into those eyes, even though I didn't know what he meant. I reached out my hand quikly and caressed his face. His eyes softened for a moment and he leaned in and kissed me so sweetly, lovngly and urgently at the same time. Before I got to kiss him back he pulled away, looked down and frowned. "You don't get to leave. I won't let you. We're fated. You don't get the choice. I don't have a choice." He tried to turn away but I grabbed his jacket. "Philip! Can you please tell me what you're talking about? Please?" He looked at me, sadness in his eyes. "You left me Georgia. You left." 

I shook my head vigorously. "No Philip, I-" He shook his head and went to turn away but I grabbed him again. "No Philip, let me speak! I didn't leave you. You wouldn't let me see my family so I went to see them. That's it. I had every intentions of coming back to you. I love you. I really do! I didn't lie!" I yelled at him. He stopped and looked at me wide eyed. "Then why didn't you tell me?" he questioned doubtfully. "Because, you wouldn't have let me go," I answered honestly. "Why were you crying and struggling with the guards when they brought you back?" he frowned. "I was on my way back here and I heard some shoutin. The guards were following me but I didn't know it was them. I got scared, thinking I was in trouble. I ran into the woods and when they caught me, I never stopped to look at them," I shrugged. He looked thoughtful for a moment and took a step towards me. "Why were you scared? Who did you think it would be?" I didn't want to tell him about the man from the mall or the one on the bus, there was no need to worry him now. "I don't know. I wasn't sure whether or not I was in the Kingdom or not. I didn't know if it was vampires or not. And I heard male voices. I'm a girl. I get scared at things like that," I lied. 

He looked at me for another moment. "So... you didn't run away from me? You love me?" I nodded and smiled. "Of course I love you." I went to hug him and he hugged me so tightly that I could hardly breath and I felt like I might burst. Before I could choke out for him to lighten his grip, he pulled away, looking me dead in the eyes. "Don't ever do that to me again! Do you hear me Georgia Luxford?" I nodded. "I promise," I smiled. This time I kissed him first, showing everything he had showed to me when he'd kissed me. It was loving, passionate and sweet.He kissed me back with the same urgency. I tangled my fingers in his hair and he lifted me up, wrapping my legs around his waist. "I love you," he breathed on my lips. "You don't even need me to say it to know I love you too," I whispered.

_______________________

I had planned on something else here, but decided against it. I have a good plan... I think. :)