Chapter 5:

Chapter 5:

Seth:

I brought the bags that contained my clothes and other necessities into the room and closed the door behind me.

Alyssa had changed. So much.

Her once long hair was now cut short. The black hair barely touched her shoulders. She had black eyes that somehow looked darker than before.

She wore a white hoodie with black leggings and had a kind of distant look about her, like she didn't want to be there at all.

And she didn't smile.

I sat on the bed and reconsidered my life decisions. Should I leave and return to my apartment? Mom wouldn't have to know.

I looked around the room Alyssa had left me in. It had better furnishings than those rooms in Ikea. Every item looked so new, like it was challenging me to touch it.

A few minutes of thinking later, I decided I shouldn't leave. I would stay in a way that she wouldn't notice my presence. After what I had done, I hadn't expected any other reaction from her anyways.

"You're here to amend your mistakes", a part of me said and I believed it. I had come there for something and I knew it wasn't the food or the luxury or any of those things.

I wanted Alyssa to be my friend again. But that wasn't possible when I wanted to maintain my distance at the same time.

What do you want, Seth?

What do I want?

****

Alyssa:

"I'll be there."

"Fast."

"Yea," Brooke answered and I hung up.

All I needed then was my best friend to give me tips on how to fuck up a date. After atleast ten dates and zero progress, she had mastered that art.

Ten minutes later, she dashed into my room.

"Fucking-dates-up 101 at your service," She said.

"A normal person would say hi," I said.

"Hi."

"There's no time for hi," I said, getting up and pulling her towards my closet.

"hmm." She eyed my clothes like she was seeing them for the first time even though she knew what my closet contained, almost better than I did.

"What did you wear that each and every guy gave up on you?" I asked her.

She looked at me and raised her eyebrows.

"Last time, I wore a skirt," She pulled a black skirt (which did NOT belong to me) from my closet and held it up like she had made a huge discovery.

"No, I won't wear that," I pushed it away from me, wishing it would disappear.

"And this top," She said, holding out a white top.

"That's not even mine!" I said, pushing that away too.

"Apparently, guys don't like it when you show too much skin," Brooke explained.

"Really?" I asked. I thought it was the opposite.

"Really," She said and I took the clothes from her. The thought of me in those clothes was unsettling. There was nothing wrong with showing some skin, it was just the fact that I didn't like it.