Chapter 19:

Chapter 19:

Alyssa:

"And that's how I ended up grounded for a week," I finished narrating the annoying story to Brooke.

"Sad," She said into the phone. I waited for her to tell me she would come to my house and entertain me but there was a silence between us.

"So you're coming to my house?" I asked, anxious.

She remained silent.

"Brooke?"

"Yeah, I'll come I guess," Her voice trailed off.

"Is it about that Evan thing?" I cringed at the thought of it. I had no idea how Brooke could even believe in shit like that.

"Yeah."

"Fine, bring Evan and Cam with you to my house. We'll sort it out," I was determined to show her Evan didn't think of me like that.

"What? No! You can't tell him about this."

"I won't. Just trust me Brooke."

"Fine," She whispered.

"So I'll see you?"

"Yeah bye."

"Bye."

I didn't know what I was going to do but I remember sitting on my bed, unmoving with just one thought in my head: Is Brooke in love? I really hope not.

I knew love was horrifying. It scared me more than anything else ever had. It was like being happy with a person one moment and falling in love with them the next. Then you expect them to love you back and if luckily, you finally have them, you're scared of losing them or them falling out of love for you.

With my overthinking? I could never.

****

We were in the gaming room, in my house. Brooke and I were huddled in one of the huge bean bags in the back while Cam and Evan were in the mid of an intense game. Perfect.

"Brooke," I whispered.

"Hm," she turned to look at me.

"Evan didn't even look at me since he came, he headed straight towards the X-box," I pointed.

"But-"

"There are no buts," I cut her off.

"Maybe you are right," She said and I nodded.

"I am."

"Suck it loserrrrr," Evan shouted, standing up and turning to face us. He raised his hands up in victory and bowed so low, I expected him to fall over.

He had won, I guess.

Brooke clapped for him but I didn't. I had always been on Cam's side. I turned to look at Cam, disappointed. He held his hands up like, I don't know how that happened.

"Alyssa clap for me," Evan said.

"No," I refused.

He started walking towards me as I folded my hands across my chest.

"Surrender before I take serious action," He said, standing before me.

My eyes shifted to Cam for help but I saw him walking out of the room, right when I needed him. He held his phone to his ear, a grin plastered on his face. Who is he talking to?
I tore my eyes away from him to Evan slowly advancing towards me.