Chapter 14:

Chapter 14:

Alyssa:

"I'm dating Austin," I announced. I was at Brooke's place.

"Wait what?" Evan asked, his eyes wide open.

"Really?" Cam said, his eyebrows shooting up.

"When?"

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"How-"

"He asked me out and now we're dating," I said as a matter of fact. I was sitting beside Brooke, on the couch, the joystick in my hand.

Evan was on the bean bag while Cam was stuffing his face with some popcorn in the corner.

Evan and I were playing X-box. Call of Duty. It was the perfect time to tell them about Austin while skillfully avoiding eye contact.

"Shoot!" Evan shouted.

I grinned.

"Since when did u become so good at this?"

"Since ages," I replied to him.

"Impressive," He mumbled.

"But I'm still better," He added focusing on the game.

"You're not."

"Yes, I am."

"No."

"Yes."

"Guys stop!" Brooke said and I glanced at her before looking back at the game.

She looked irritated. I thought it might be the fact that she couldn't play those video games. Not to brag or anything but she didn't have the skills like me.

"Brookie cookie what's the matter with you?" Cam asked, taking a place on the couch beside her.

"Yea Brookie cookie?" Evan snorted.

"Stop calling me that!" Brooke said and got up. She rushed up the stairs while I was still focused on the game.

I debated leaving the game and running behind her, my heart aching as I struggled to make up my mind.

Finally, I stood up and handed my joystick to Cam, "Make me proud," I said, patting him on the shoulder.

"What's the matter with her?" Evan asked.

"Bad cramps," I said, rushing up the stairs.

Brooke was lying down on the bed, music in her ears. This girl was such a mood.

"Get up!" I said.

She sat up and I plucked her earbuds out.

"Let's plan something," I said, looking at the Harry Styles poster on her wall that instantly reminded me of a beach.

"Like what?"

"I don't know......hm......some place where you can be alone with Evan," I said.

"Forget it, he doesn't like me like that."

"You can't know that," I objected.

"I can and I know it," She said stubbornly.

"Let's go to the beach!" I said, even though I hated the beach. I hated every part of it. The absolute concept of a beach disgusted me. Ew.

"Yea!" She agreed. Unlike me, Brooke loved going to the beach.

"Tomorrow then," I said, sounding cheery.