Chapter 40:

|my first wattpad friend|

~ Up there ^ , If you wanna listen to a song while/before/after reading, Until it Happens to You by Sasha Sloan~

....

Chapter 40:

Alyssa:

It was the fourth day I was spending at the hospital. The first three days had passed in a haze, I was so tired, I barely talked to anybody. I was still figuring out what was happening. I knew how everyone fit into my life but I just wasn't able to find the right place in my head, where that kind of important stuff was supposed to be stored and found when I needed it.

Brooke was my best friend. I knew her. I spent a lot of time in the Hospital with her, she made me feel like I was not a patient with my leg in a cast. She was the one who explained to me what had happened. I had hit my head and I wasn't able to remember things.

Everyday, I scrambled through my brain for hours, trying for search for my most recent memories but it just made me dizzy so I stopped trying. I might as well stare at a blank wall, convinced I had to find something on it, and I didn't know what. I was getting no where.

I didn't think there was anything very important that had happened in the last few months anyway.

Cameron and Evan came to hang out with me too. I had trouble remembering their ages but I knew those faces well enough. Cam told me he was engaged and Evan told me he was dating Brooke. It was definitely a lot to take in.

Mom came sometimes, with Amelia. They'd make me feel the worst, like I was a little kid. I hated sympathy. And Dad didn't really bother to visit but he sent me chocolates so that probably makes up for it.

Seth made me feel... weird. I knew who he was. I used to be his best friend when we were younger but I didn't know why he was there now. He stayed with me every night, leaving the daytime for Brooke. I felt weird seeing sleep on the couch, like he really cared about me and I didn't know why.

At first, I had difficulty connecting the right emotion to the right person. When I had seen Cameron, I felt a very strong pull towards him until Brooke helped me figure out why. He was like a brother to me.

I felt helpless as I continued believing everything I was being told. I had no other choice.
No one told me about Seth though.

I never understood the look in his eyes whenever they'd meet mine and I didn't understand him now as he sat on the couch, looking at me.

A thought formed in my mind.

"Seth?" I whispered. It was late at night and we were supposed to be asleep.

"Yea?" He stood up and walked towards me, checking if everything was okay. I wished he wouldn't do that as I didn't like how my legs were almost completely exposed, with the right one raised higher, causing the stupid blue Hospital gown to lift up.

He didn't see my legs though. He always kept his eyes on my face. With him so close, I didn't know if I could ask what I was going to.

"Were you the one who's car hit me?" I asked.

"No." He shook his head looking confused.

"Oh."

"Why?"

"You're always here without reason. I thought you felt bad for causing this mess," I said, gesturing to my leg.

His eyes widened in response and he smiled a little, "I have my own reasons.....I'm impressed you're still smart but no, I did not slam you with a car."