Chapter 36:

~ Up there ^ , If you guys wanna listen to a song while/before/after reading, Someone You Hate by Sasha Sloan~

....

Chapter 36:

Alyssa:

I walked into the café, remembering the first time I'd been there to meet Austin. I didn't have a great feeling back then and so also now.

"Hey Austin," I said, smiling as I sat in front of him, surprised he'd come on time. My strategy was to be friendly and smile. Nothing would go wrong then.

"Hi."

"So this is it?" I asked. I didn't care if I was hurrying things up, it wasn't an actual break up, just the end of a deal.

"What do you mean?" Austin asked, looking confused. I stared at his face for a moment, waiting for it to click into his tiny brain.

"We're done with the dating thing," I said when he didn't speak.

"Huh?"

"What?" I asked, annoyed.

"We're engaged," He said, squinting his eyes at me.

"What the hell? It was nice working with you Austin but-"

"Alyssa, calm down. I-"

"You're literally gay," I said.

"No, actually, I'm not."

My mouth fell open as he said that. Did he have an identical twin or something? Did he think I was fucking stupid? I thought about what Evan had said to me and felt my anger take control.

I wondered if Austin had been fooling me the whole time. That sounded stupid, what could he gain out of it?

"Oh my God!" I said, loosing my mind.

"Wait, Alyssa, when I told you I was gay, I wasn't lying, I-"

"Austin, tell me the truth right now!" I threatened.

"I wasn't lying Aly, I'm not gay, I'm bisexual. I was still figuring things out, I didn't know until a few weeks back," He said, rushing over his words, begging me to listen.

I ordered myself to relax. Nothing seemed that horrible yet.

"So we're done?" I asked, expecting a simple yes, allowing me to leave.

"We're engaged Alyssa, think about it. I don't like you, you don't like me, we're great friends though. We can make the whole marriage deal work in the future, and then-"

"Austin, are you okay?" I blurted out, genuinely concerned for him.

"Look, we can be married in a few years without it being anything more than a contract and it would be so great for both our Dad's companies. We could have our own relationships outside of it. The amount of profit and money we could make out of our companies colliding! Imagine!" He said, dreaming of his own world.

"Are you insane?!" I screamed, shocked as those words left his mouth. Does he realize what he's saying? Did his parents brainwash him?

"No," He said, dumbfounded.

"You look insane," I said, picking my purse up, ready to leave.

"Where are you going, Alyssa?"

"We're literally done, you're such a jerk Austin. I can't believe you, I can't do it. I don't give a fuck about the money!"