Chapter 20:

Chapter 20:

Alyssa:

I began making my way to Brooke but I found her in the hallway itself.

"Aly!" She said and as I went closer, I realized there were tears in her eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked, my pulse quickening.

"I-"

I took hold of her hand and dragged her up the stairs, through the hallway and right into my room. She sat down on my bed and looked at me through the tears.

"I tried to- I tried to kiss him and he- he left"

"Left?" I asked.

She nodded, sobbing. I had never seen her like that before and all I wanted to do was cry myself. I felt convinced that my heart was clenching in my chest, the pain spreading throughout my body. Brooke never cried and I couldn't stand seeing her that way.

Crying over a boy? Hell no.

"Brooke.. it's okay you need to calm down," I said, sitting beside her.

She nodded, wiping her tears away, "Did you just... just quote Taylor Swift?" she said, quietly. I nodded, confused. If I had quoted Taylor Swift, then I didn't know. She nodded back and continued sulking.

"The Brooke I know? She doesn't cry over boys," I said, trying to make her feel confident again.

"Hm."

"Stay here tonight," I said.

"Yeah."

She laid down on my bed and I pulled the sheets over her. She needed to rest.

I walked over to the window and texted Cam: Brooke's staying with me. You guys can leave.

He immediately responded: Why?

Girls night, I texted.

Huh ok.

A few minutes later, I watched Cam and Evan leave. I pulled the blinds down and let out a sigh.

"I'll get you something to eat."

"No I don't want to," She replied, weakly.

"Water?"

"Fine."

I walked out of the room, making sure Brooke hadn't seen the phone in my hand.

I walked to the end of the hallway and called Evan, anger boiling in my blood. If he had had to reject her, he should've atleast been polite about it.

He didn't answer the call.

I called Cam next and thank the lord, he answered.

"Cam, can I talk to Evan?"

"Why?" He asked, worry lacing his voice.

"Please." I said.

"He's driving."

"Tell him to call me once you reach."

"But why?"

"I'll tell you later." I lied.

"Fine." He said, annoyed. He hated when I kept things from him.

I hung up, not sure what to do. I felt helpless. How am I supposed to make my best friend feel better?

I got her some water but she didn't drink it.

Looking at me, she broke into tears again.

"I shouldn't have."