(22) Tomorrow

⚠️Maybe unrealistic and overdramatic⚠️

As I'm writing this, I just noticed the story reached 100 votes... OMG!!

I can't believe people think my writing is that good.

🍪🍪🍪

Nini
I don't know if I got any sleep. If I did, I don't remember. My moms and I went to see Ricky. When we walked in his dad was already there. I thought he had work, but I guess his nerves were too high.

"Any changes?" I asked worriedly.

"Nothing, Dr. Harris is supposed to come back in a minute with his test results," he responded. I got a text from the group chat asking if he was ok. I just said no changes.

"Ok, Mr. Bowen I have news for you." The doctor walked in and my heart sank at his voice. I didn't know if it was good or bad, but I was terrified to hear what was next.

He looked up from his clipboard and realized there were more people in the room. "Who is everyone else?" he asked looking at each of us.

"Family friends, it's fine for them to be here," Mr. Bowen said.

"Ok then, I do have one question before we start." Oh no. "What all did he have to eat and drink yesterday?" Ok, that's not what I expected.

"Uh, he slept in really late, so he had a sandwich and water. That's it."

"And a coffee," I chimed in. His dad looked at me confused. "When he came over the other day, he had a coffee with him. Shortly after, he fainted." I said sadly.

"Well, we ran some blood tests and found a certain drug in his system. In short, it's kind of like an anesthesia variant, but worse. So it had to have been something he ate. It's still being determined how much he took in, but the outcomes vary depending on what his body can handle."

"You're saying someone did this on purpose?" Mr. Bowen had a mixture of sadness and anger in his face.

"No, I'm saying he ate something that could be damaging to him. He himself wouldn't have anything to do with this, would he?" Dr. Harris asked.

"No, Ricky's a good kid. He wouldn't go behind my back like this," his dad responded.

"I'll give you some time to think things over. We're going to bring in another machine in a moment to monitor his vitals. If he doesn't wake up today or tomorrow, he'll be considered in a coma." And the doctor left.

"Who would do this?" Mr. Bowen muttered under his breath. He started pacing back and forth. I was at a loss for words. My best friend in the entire world, stuck in a hospital because someone drugged him.

When you're in a crisis, text your group chat of annoying friends.