(19) What Happened That Night?

⬆Another picture where Ricky's not wearing vans😲

This chapter turned out way shorter than I thought it would. Only 462 words

🍪🍪🍪

Ricky
I was finally about to hear the truth about what happened that night. To say I was nervous was an understatement. More like anxiety-ridden and terrified combined.

I walked up to her front door and knocked. Nini opened the door and was wearing a hoodie (pretty sure it was mine), sweatpants, and a messy bun. Still as beautiful as ever.

"Hey," I said stepping in.

"Hey, you wanna go upstairs?" she asked, a little nervous.

"Sure, wherever you're comfortable." I felt more tired as we were walking up the steps. I think Nini noticed.

"You ok? You seem a little off."

"Yeah, just tired," I brushed off the sleepiness that was setting in by drinking more of the coffee I brought.

"Tired? It's 1 pm," she teased.

"I slept in till noon," I laughed with her.

"So you want to know what happened in the bathroom, right?" she said getting to the point and sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Yeah, but first I wanted to ask you what you thought of Jessica."

"Oh," was all she said.

Nini
"Oh?" Ricky said. He looked at me confused. Funny, I felt a little bit of deja vu. But the roles were reversed.

"Yeah, just not something I expected," I said, a little flustered. Serious deja vu.

"You're an important person in my life. I still care about you and what you think." I was debating on lying or not.

"I don't know if you want to hear what I have to say," I said looking at the ground.

"Why wouldn't I?" he said, sitting next to me. Ok, I'll just be honest. I can share anything with him.

"Doesn't it look bad when your ex-girlfriend bad mouths your current girlfriend?" I didn't use air quotes, thought that might be offensive.

"That depends. If it's out of jealousy and you're saying stuff just to make someone look bad, then yes. If you're being honest, not so much," he said I needed to hear that.

"Ok, then. Honestly, I don't really like her. Not because you're my ex, but more on the side with the fact that she may have... sorta-kinda... possibly... definitely said some things to me in the bathroom on karaoke night." I was waiting for an outburst or some sort of yelling. But he just sat there. "Ricky?"

"Yeah?" he whispered. I just noticed how close we were.

"Did you hear me?" I said looking into his beautiful eyes. He just continued to stare at me. My eyes flickered to his lips and he did the same.

"I..." he started but stopped talking. The next thing that happened was not something I thought was going to happen ever again. Something that made my heart skip a beat.

He kissed me.

🍪🍪🍪

That... just happened