(13) Best First Date Ever

⬆Ricky's not wearing vans?😲

🍪🍪🍪

Nini
*Flashback*
I stood in front of my mirror looking at yet another change of clothes. Ricky being Ricky decided to surprise me. We've known each other forever and dated for about a week yet I'm extremely nervous.

"You're overthinking everything, Ricky will love whatever it is you're wearing," Kourtney said trying to cheer me up.

"Thanks, I think I like that better," I said pointing to my jeans and a long sleeve that didn't look sloppy.

"Don't you get cold easily?" Kourtney asked.

"No big deal, I'll bring a jacket." I changed for what felt like the 100th time. "Ricky texted, he's here," I said very excited.

"Ok, have fun. Tell me everything when you get back."

"Of course, love you, see you later." I hugged Kourtney and she left.

I stayed in my room to check to make sure I had everything. Phone, keys, jacket, wallet, etc. Once I was sure, I headed out.

"By moms, love you!" I shout before shutting the door. I heard Ricky unlock his car, and I got in.

"You look beautiful," Ricky said as he took my hand in his. I instantly blushed

"Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself." He let out a light laugh. He was wearing a simple dark blue hoodie and black pants. "Are you going to tell me where we're going?" I pleaded. I really like Ricky, but I also like knowing I'm not being kidnapped.

"You'll find out soon." He turned on the radio, and I just watched the houses go by us.

*Fifteen Minutes Later*
I was so zoned out, I didn't notice the car stopped until Ricky opened the door. "After you." I walked out, and the surrounding area didn't look familiar.

"Where are we?" I asked him very curiously.

"Walk through those bushes," he said while pointing. I did and was amazed. There were lights strung everywhere, a picnic blanket and basket, and a view of the city. The sun wasn't setting yet, but it was starting to. Slowly.

"Ricky, when did you have time to do this?" I asked him, speechless.

"You like it?"

"Is that even a question?" We sat down and started eating.

"I brought all your favorites," he says, making me smile. "And by 'favorites', I mean your mom's lasagna and your other mom's cookies." It felt like I was going to have a permanent smile on my face after this.

"When did you have time to plan this? I know when my mom makes lasagna it takes forever before we can eat. And I didn't see her making anything." I said as I started digging into the food.

"Well, when you were out with Kourtney, I asked Carol how she makes it, and I made it at my house. Then brought it here in advance."

"I don't know what to say." I was at a complete loss for words.

"No need for words. If you enjoy your time here, that's all the thanks I need." I am falling hard for this boy.

"What about the cookies?" Every time I looked at him my mind went blank. Dang, it didn't use to take this much effort to focus around him.

"No credit here, Dana made them."

"Thank you," I said while leaning in for a hug. We stayed like that for a while.

We just reminisced about past events for the remainder of the dinner.

"Do you remember when I ate your moldy bread science project?" I couldn't help but break into laughter.

"I think we both suffered a little that day." We finished up eating then he brought me to look at the view. "It's beautiful," I said looking at the sunset and city lights.

"Not as beautiful as you," Ricky said to me. I could feel the heat in my face and looked at my feet.

"You're too nice," I responded a little flustered. He put his hand on my chin and tilted my head up to look at him.

"I mean it, you're gorgeous. On the inside and out." And with that, he leaned in. Our lips connected. My hands went around his neck and his to my waist. It was slow and sweet, chills ran down my spine. We both pulled away to see the other grinning like crazy.

"Best way to start a relationship," I told him and kissed him again.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do that," Ricky said looking me straight in the eyes.

"We started dating last week," I joked.

"Please, I've had a thing for you for much longer than a week." I had to have looked like a tomato by now.

"Look, all the city lights are on," I said with excitement. The yellow lights against the black sky looked magnificent.

"I have one more thing planned." This boy and surprises.

"What is it?" I asked while we were walking back to the blanket and basket.

"Now, just tell me if this is too much, ok?"

"Well, technically all of this is too much. What else do you have planned?" There was nothing I could think of that could make me happier.

"Ok, here goes." He pulls out his phone and hits play on something. Speakers were hidden somewhere in the trees and music started playing. But not just anything, it was High School Musical 3, 'Can I Have This Dance'.

"I thought you didn't like musicals," I teased.

"I'm not the biggest fan of them, but I figured you were worth it to dance to this."

"I'm convincing you to dance more often."

"Good luck, enjoy tonight." And with that, we started dancing.

This boy literally swept me off my feet.
*End of Flashback*

🍪🍪🍪

This story is 50 reads away from 2000... 🤯

Sorry for yet another filler chapter, I promise the next few chapters will have a little more something to them

Also, 'Just for a Moment' (a Jolivia story) is out now!!🥳
⬇What do you think?

Also, 'Just for a Moment' (a Jolivia story) is out now!!🥳⬇What do you think?⬇