(38) Scared

How is it possible that drivers license has doubled in views since last week??

🍪🍪🍪

EJ
I am so nervous for some reason.

Nini
What is he about to ask? "Go ahead," I say nervously.

"I was wondering if you'd help me plan out my next date with Gina?" he says slowly. My eyes widened in shock.

"Wait, next? As in one has already happened?" I'm trying to contain my excitement.

"Listen, we said we wouldn't say anything to anyone. You can't tell her, but I want some help planning the next one because I want to ask her to officially be my girlfriend."

"Oh my god, I'm so happy for you guys," I whisper yell.

"Please don't tell anyone," he begs.

"Don't worry, I won't." We hug just as the doorknob is turning.

"C'mon on out," Carlos says.

We walk out and everyone is staring at us. Expected. Jessica has a stupid smirk on her face. Also expected. "I think that wraps up the day's events," Ricky says, standing up.

"Agreed," everyone said. We all get our stuff together and walk to the door. Surprisingly, Jessica's actually leaving too.

"I'll see you sometime soon?" she says to Ricky.

"I'm gonna puke," Gina whispers.

"We'll... we'll have to see," he responds.

I stall a little bit to be at the back of the group. "Call me later, ok?" I whisper to Ricky. He nods slightly, and we all leave.

Ricky
AAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

Just when things are going well, something has to mess it up. I face plant directly onto the couch and just stay there, not having the motivation to walk upstairs.

*Twenty Minutes Later*
"Ricky, I'm- oh, I didn't think you'd be in here," I heard my dad say. I've been face-down on the couch for most of the last twenty minutes, occasionally moving.

"Yeah, I didn't see the point in moving."

"Why's that?"

"Nini was over here, obviously, and everything was going great. Everyone else came over around 11. They started asking questions, which was expected. Still not the worst part of the day. Then Jessica showed up."

"She did? Why?"

"I don't know. Let's just say today was awkward."

"Hopefully the next couple of weeks fly by."

"Yeah, let's hope." I trudge up to my room and flop onto my bed. Shortly after, Nini's calling.
(Ricky | Nini)

"So today was... interesting."

"That's one way of describing it."

"What'd you guys talk about on the porch?"

"About how she wants to help me remember what happened before the hospital."

"Hmm, I don't believe you but ok." She knows me too well.

"You don't have to worry about her for right now." She gives me a pointed look saying Really?