[32] Menace

'W-What...? Who is this guy?' You thought as a worried frown overtook your features.

He continued approaching. Meanwhile, you were running out of space to back away. Hesitantly, you glanced at him. Even though he had this seemingly friendly, closed-eyed smile, you couldn't shake the unsettling feeling welling up inside you. 

You quickly glanced at your surroundings, looking for an opportunity to run. 

'It's no use... he has me cornered,' you thought to yourself, swallowing the forming lump on your throat as you backed yourself into a wall.'The only way out of this is through him! But–'

"Oya, already planning on leaving~ ♤?" he spoke once more, his tone sickly sweet. "But we've only just met~"

Just as he said that, you felt enormous pressure weigh down on you. You squeezed your eyes shut as that familiar feeling of needles pricking your skin arose once more. 

'This guy... is this his Nen?!' You inhaled sharply, forcing your eyes open to glance at his Nen.

As soon as you saw that huge shroud of Ren surrounding him, coupled with that murderous look in his eyes, you knew he was being serious. Every fiber of your being told you to flinch, to crouch down and cower in fear. Despite that friendly smile he was displaying, all you could sense from him was danger.

'...But that's what he WANTS me to do. He's just trying to scare me...!' You thought, taking a deep and slow breath.

Hardening your resolve, you shot him a determined look as you stood up straighter. As soon as you had your ground once more, you activated your solid Ten defense. Its aura shrouded you protectively, fighting off his strong Ren. You slowly felt that pressure, along with that prickling sensation go away, much to your relief. 

You returned his 'friendly' smile with your own. "I wasn't really planning on leaving. I was just looking for my friend, have you seen her?" Your tone was firm, yet still friendly enough as your smile never faltered.

Hisoka's eyes widened slightly as his smile grew even more. "Ohh you're just perfect, (Y/N)-chan. Your Ten is just amazing~ ♡" he licked his lips, completely ignoring your question. "I can't wait to destroy you."

"H-Huh...?!" You tried to stand up to his presence. 'Why... is he pleased about this...? No, wait, there's something more disturbing here–' 

Shaking your thoughts out of your head, you pointed an accusatory finger at him. "...You! How do you know my name, huh?!" you exclaimed, scowling at him. "I've never told you my name before!"

"Of course, you haven't." He chuckles, deactivating his Ren. "I just happen to know it, my sweet~♡," he says with that same honeyed tone as he steps closer.

Despite him deactivating his Nen, you kept your defense up. "Who are you?! What do you want from me?!" you exclaimed, your voice reverberating through the almost-empty space around you.

"Hmm~ no need to get so worried, (Y/N)-chan." He steps close enough to loom over you. "More importantly, should it really be me you must be worrying about, hm~♢? 

You cocked an eyebrow in confusion. "What... are you talking about?"

He smiled wider as he took another step towards you.

You took another cautious step back, growing more worried that you'll run out of space to run. "Don't come even closer! I still have my Ten–"

"Killua and Alluka, was it?" He gave you an amused smile.

You paused, every part of you tensing up as you heard those names. "...Huh?"

"You're someone who can't die just yet, (Y/N)-chan~♡" he began, looking down at you with a dangerous smile. "Not until I've gotten a taste of you at your strongest~" 

A deep frown etched onto your face. "What are you implying...? Killua and Alluka mean so much to me! There's no way I'd die because of them!" You exclaimed once more, voice cracking with emotion as your Ten defense wavered. 

Watching your defense break down for a split second, he chuckled. "Then again, if you do make it out alive, fighting you will be that much more satisfying~♢"

_ _ _

A cold sweat ran down Killua's forehead as he continued waiting, holding your nearly melted ice cream. 'She's still not back. Is she with Alluka right now?' he thought to himself, watching your ice cream continue to drip down the cone.

With an audible "tsk", he decided to throw the melted ice cream away, a drawn-out sigh escaping his lips. "Her fault for taking so long," he mumbled, pulling out his phone and pressing a couple of buttons. "Alluka, you better answer this time," he said, putting the device to his ear.

There was no answer.

A big irk mark appeared on his forehead as he glared at his phone. "Dammit!" he cursed under his breath, aggressively typing an angry 'Where the hell are you?!' text message instead. "Is (Y/N) even with her?" 

His question was left unanswered, drowned out by the surrounding chatter. He let out another sigh as he put his phone away. 'I know you want me to leave you be, Alluka, but I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this. Geez...' he thought, sprinting to where he last saw Alluka, hoping to find you with her. 

But even he couldn't find where she was. Instead, he got a new message on his phone. 

'Sorry Onii-chan! I'm busy with something right now! It's something important I swear! :))'

"Oi, what the hell?! So NOW she's decided to answer?" A deep frown crossed his features as he re-read the message a few more times. "Doesn't sound like she's been with (Y/N), though... What in the world is going on?" he sighed, clutching his head. "When Alluka returns, she better tell me what in the world she's been doing."

Burying his phone deep into his pocket, he didn't even bother replying to Alluka's message. Instead, his expression suddenly turned serious, as his deep blue eyes started giving off an icy look. "I need to look for (Y/N). She's been gone for way too long."