[75] Burden

"B-But... fighting Nii-chan..." You tensed up at the thought. 

Killua glances back at you with worry. "(Y/N)..."

Sanguis smirks, taking this chance to strike first. He lunges forward, preparing a Nen attack with his fist. 

Thankfully, Killua blocked his attack just in time. "You really are a slimy snake, aren't you?" he seethes. 

Sanguis frowns for the tiniest bit, before turning to you with a smile. "(Y/N), my little sister."

You gulped. It was scary how quickly he changed his demeanor.

"I know you don't want to fight, and I don't either," Sanguis says, sparing Killua a quick side glance. "So how about this? If you tell Killua and his friends to leave, and if you agree to stay here with me. I won't lay another hand on him. What do you think?" 

You fell silent for a few seconds. 

Killua grits his teeth. "(Y/N)! Are you seriously gonna–"

"What if you're lying again?" you ask Sanguis, looking him in the eye. "What if you're gonna hurt me again..." you instinctively reach for your bruised wrists. "...like last time?"

Killua widens his eyes, before turning to glare daggers at Sanguis. 

"Come on, don't say that. You're the only family I have left, (Y/N)," He goes on. "After that night when Mom and Dad were killed, I wasn't even sure if you survived. I was lonely, you know? All those years..." 

Killua narrows his eyes. "You say that, but you didn't even recognize her when you met in Heavens Arena? Learn to lie better. You're not fooling anyone here." He frowns, engulfing himself with even more of his electricity. 

"(Y/N)." Killua turns to you. "I know who killed your parents."

Your eyes widened, and time seemed to stop for a moment. 

"I wouldn't have found out without Ryu's intel." He frowns, preparing to strike. "I planned to tell you much later, but Sanguis' disgusting speech made me change my mind." 

You stare at Killua in anticipation. 

"The person who killed your parents–" He points at Sanguis. "–Is him." 

With that, Killua seemed to disappear into thin air. Before you knew it, he had already punched Sanguis in the face. 

"H...Huh?!" You stare with widened eyes as you watch Sanguis grit his teeth and stagger backward from the punch. He is clearly not amused with what Killua had just revealed.

"So, you don't have to hesitate anymore." Killua continues, before launching another quick attack at Sanguis.

Your hands were trembling, as flashes of crimson red from all those years ago occupied your mind. "Nii-chan... was the one who did it?"

____________

Your eyes shot open. It was rare for you to wake up in the middle of the night.

But you did, and you didn't know why. You sat up from bed, looking around your unusually quiet surroundings. There was no wind, not even a breeze, that usually ruffled the leaves of the numerous trees outside. 

You sink back into the bed, deciding to ignore how eerily quiet it was. 

But you couldn't go back to sleep, either. 

Letting out a frustrated sigh, you roll out of bed. Maybe you just needed a glass of water or something. 

You shuffle your way to the kitchen, though you tried to keep your steps as quiet as possible since everyone was still sleeping. Keeping your eyes on the path ahead, you let the waning moon softly light up your way there.