[67] Deceit

You remembered that night in the forest when you snuck out to meet up with your brother. It was that night when he told you the plan you've been hiding for over a week. 

"–That's really sweet of you, (Y/N)." (B/N) gives you another pat on the head. "But you don't have to go that far. In fact, I have something else I'd like you to do," he smiles.

You tilted your head. "Will it make Ryu and Senka stop chasing after you?" 

(B/N) chuckles. "That, and more." 

He explains his plans to you, the amused smile never leaving his face. By the end of it, however, your eyes were wide with horror, a stark contrast to his expression.

"Nii-chan... isn't this holding Alluka hostage?!" 

"Oh, don't say it like that! I'm going to keep her safe, and I'm giving her back as soon as they agree to quit hunting me down, okay?"

You look down at the ground. This was seriously giving you a bad feeling. "Are you sure it's gonna work? Why does it have to be Alluka?" You look back up at him with worry. "...Can't it be me instead?"

Your brother's eyes widened for a split second. Strange how you would rather put yourself in that position. "...It'll work better this way. Just make sure they never find out that we've been talking." 

"Nii-chan... are you sure about this? I'm not sure Killua would want that..." You take a step back, showing signs of hesitation. 

(B/N) glared at you for one second, before chuckling softly. "Come on, (Y/N). Just trust me, okay? Everything will work out better this way," he says, giving you a reassuring smile.

You hesitated a bit, before nodding slowly. "Okay..." 

_ _ _

"I'm...I'm sorry, Alluka." A tear rolls down your cheek as you take a deep breath, steeling yourself for what you're about to do. Suddenly, you grab her hand rather forcefully, dragging her closer to your brother. 

Alluka immediately starts resisting. "Onee-chan! What are you doing?!"

You stay silent, looking ahead as Sanguis slowly approaches the both of you. 

He stops in front of you with a smile. "You did so well, (Y/N)," he leans forward, whispering into your ear. 

But before Sanguis could even lay a finger on Alluka, something exploded on his shoulder, and it was no ordinary explosion. It had a small, crackling sound followed by a pale yellow light. The impact was enough to even make Sanguis flinch, and for you to step back on instinct. 

Meanwhile, Alluka acted on it immediately. Using the hand that held yours, she dragged you back with her, creating some distance between you and Sanguis.  

"Wh-What?!" 

Alluka grabs your face with both hands. "Onee-chan! You need to snap out of it!!" she yells, staring at you straight in the eye.

You gazed back at her panic-stricken eyes, trying to conjure up something to say. But in your peripheral vision, you notice Ryu and Senka emerge from the bushes.

Your eyes widen in horror. "W-What?! Why are they here?!" Your eyes were on them now. 

Hovering above Senka's finger was a ball of her Nen. Its pale yellow light matched the one that exploded from Sanguis' shoulder, which was now partly exposed due to the attack. 

Sanguis scoffs, glaring at the two hunters with a crooked smile. "You two again," he seethes. 

"Finally caught up to you, bastard." Senka narrows her eyes, nearly about to pounce on Sanguis if not for Ryu's hand on her shoulder.