[10] Shrouded

You opened your eyes, letting your ability disappear. You look over at Killua, who was visibly panicking. You giggle at him.

"Relax, Killua~. He didn't seem dangerous," you say teasingly. Suddenly, Wing straightened up, as if remembering something.

"Oh no, I forgot to tell you guys..." he starts, scratching the back of his head sheepishly. "Zushi was supposed to be coming at this time."

As if on cue, you hear knocking on the front door downstairs. "Master? It's me," says a young voice, though it was muffled a bit.

"I'll go get Zushi, you guys wait here," Wing says, leaving the room and making his way downstairs. As soon as he was out of sight, you look at Killua and see him blushing madly. You smirk at this.

"See! I told you Killua!" You tease, sticking his tongue out at him. An irk mark appears on his forehead at this. "Yeah, yeah. Quit it already, you weirdo," he replies, which only made you laugh heartily at him.

Alluka laughs with you too, though for a completely different reason. "You guys are so cute together," she says innocently in between laughs.

Suddenly, you stop laughing and Killua stops his urges to exact his revenge on you, as you two look at Alluka in horror. 

"WHAT?!" You and Killua say in unison, blushing madly at her words.

_ _ _

"Osu! My name is Zushi! I am also training under Master's, nice to meet you two!" Said a young boy with short brown hair, thick eyebrows, and hazel eyes. 

"I'm (Y/N)," you smile brightly, waving at the boy. "And I'm Alluka!" Says Alluka, raising her hand excitedly with a big grin on her face. 

After you and Alluka meet Zushi for the first time, Wing resumes teaching you and Alluka. Meanwhile, Zushi and Killua stay on the side, chatting and catching up with each other.

"Alright then, let's pick up where we left off, (Y/N)," Wing says as he approaches you. "You have a very interesting ability... I can already imagine your Nen type, but that's for another time," he says, muttering at the last part. 

"Anyways, it's very rare for people to be able to use Nen without formal training," he continues. You nod in return. "Killua thought that I might have opened my nodes to help me survive in the forest better," you look at Killua through the corner of your eye at this, seeing him still talking to Zushi.

 Wing looks at you quizzically. "Forest?"

"Oh, I've been living in a forest until I joined Killua and Alluka," you explain briefly. 

Wing hums in understanding. "How long?"

"Uhh, I don't know... I started living there at around 6 years old, so that long."

As you were saying this, everyone was paying attention, even Killua and Zushi, since they were looking at you curiously. 

"At 6? With who?"

"By myself, why?"

Wing widens his eyes slightly, 'Impressive. Any normal child at that age would have died of starvation, yet she was able to use the forest's resources to survive pretty quickly... But...'

"(Y/N)-chan, you said you started living there when you were 6. What happened before that?"

As soon as he said that, you lowered your eyes and your expression darkened. Killua and Alluka look at you worriedly, not expecting to see you so down when you're usually so bright.

"I-I'd rather not talk about it..."

'I see, that explains a lot...' Wing thought, narrowing his eyes in concern.

An awkward silence falls over the room for a few seconds, Killua hesitantly steps toward you worriedly. Alluka reaches for your hand in an attempt to comfort you.

Wing steps closer, leaning down to your level, and putting a hand on your shoulder. "It's okay, I understand. Sorry for prying," he says softly, giving you a warm smile. 

"No, no. It's okay, really! No need to apologize!" Smiling brightly, you waved your hands in front of him in an attempt to reassure him. 

'There she goes again, pretending things are okay when it's really not...' thought Killua solemnly.

"Well, if you say so," Wing says, stepping away from you again. "Tomorrow, I will be teaching you how to properly use your aura," he says. You nod determinedly.

"Alluka, tomorrow, I'll be teaching you the other 'Nen'. It will help with your meditation," he says, addressing Alluka. She looked confused at the other 'Nen' but nodded anyway.

"Alright, class dismissed. Zushi, it's your turn."

"Osu!" Zushi exclaims, taking a stance.  

_ _ _

While Zushi was training, Killua brought the two of you to another room for strength training.

"Wait you're teaching us?" You ask, a confused expression gracing your features.

"Yeah. Right now, Alluka has the strength of a normal girl. Yours is better, obviously, but it'll be no match for someone like Illumi," he explains casually, resting his hands behind his head.

"Oh, fair enough... that's really nice of you, Killua," you say thoughtfully, unaware of how red Killua's cheeks have gotten when you said that.

"N-- Obviously I would do something like this, you idiot! it's so that you won't be dead weight!" He huffs, turning away from you and avoiding eye contact from you.

"Onii-chan! Don't talk to Onee-chan like that!" Alluka says, a childishly annoyed expression on her face.  She resolutely steps in front of you and spreads her arms wide, shielding you from Killua. You can't help but giggle at how adorable this was.

After the three of you calmed down, you suddenly remembered the huge building you saw on your way here. Curiously, you asked Killua, "When are we gonna go to Heavens Arena? What kind of place is it anyway?" 

"I'll talk to Wing about whether I can take you there when you've gotten stronger. Don't worry about it for now," he waves his hand dismissively at this. You nod, wondering what's so special about that place. 

"Finally, we can start," he sighs. "(Y/N), do you still have that dagger with you?"

You reluctantly nod, subconsciously reaching for your dagger. "Yeah, why?"

"Put it away for now," he says, gesturing to a table on the other side of the room. You nod and set the dagger on the table. 

"Why did you want me to put it there?" You ask, walking back to Killua and Alluka.

"No weapons will be allowed in this exercise. I want to know what I'm working with," he explains casually, doing some light stretches to warm up. Finally, he took a fighting stance. 

"(Y/N), you go first. Try to land a hit on me."