Pranks, Smurfs, Trouble And Me

If trouble was a person, he would wear a top hat. He’d have a cane to swing around and occasionally trip people with a tricky smile. You couldn’t be mad; he was trouble, you had to accept it and it was futile to go against him. He’d wear a white suit because he was that cool and wasn’t afraid of spilling food down himself. He’d dance a lot and sing wacky songs that were quite clever once you thought about them. Trouble is also invisible, you can’t see him; just the destruction he leaves after he dances.

Lucas looked at Sirius with a death glare. “What,” He paused venomously. “The hell was that for?” He looked like he was about to lunge for Sirius.

Sirius smirked, “Felt like it.” He shrugged. Sirius was pushing Lucas temper high and higher and the thing is, he knew it and was enjoying every single moment of it. Damn it Sirius!

Lucas rubbed his already bruising cheek; he glanced at me, then Sirius before plotting his next move. I felt like I was lost in some soap opera. Somebody has to scream cut soon otherwise things could get nasty. I looked around.

“Where the hell is the director?” I muttered.

“What Nellie?” Sirius asked, titling his head to the side with confusion.

“Oh, I just wondered when the director is going to yell cut.” I replied, “Am on a prank show? I better not be.” I walked around the room. “Oi. If you’re there, you better come out. Did my friend Isabel put you up to this?” I yelled “It’s okay to come out you know, I won’t be mad. I might sprinkle biscuit crumbs in Izzie’s t-shirts though and dance while wearing her socks. I know I‘m evil aren’t I? Mwhaha.” Then, I broke into my evil laughter. I laughed for at least a few minutes; you got to, it’s the whole point of having an evil laughter.

When I stopped, Sirius and Lucas were both staring at me like I was a duck at a disco. “Hello Nellie? Your spaceship has arrived and they’re here to take you back to your home planet.” Sirius grinned at me.

“I’ve always wondered if I was an alien. I asked my mom and if I was and she told me I was; then I fell and I cut my head open and had to go to hospital. I asked the doctors to be careful because I was still waiting for my horns. He laughed and told me I was human. I was so gutted; I started crying, I really enjoyed being an alien for a little while.” I rambled.

“Hello?” Lucas yelled, “I thought we were having an argument here?”

“Oh right.” Sirius shrugged, “Forgot.”

“How can you forget?” Lucas rolled his eyes.

“Nellie is distracting.” He glanced at me, before shooting a glare at Lucas.

“I am not!” I argued

“You are.” Sirius replied.

“I have to agree.” Lucas nodded. He thought about something for a moment. “Anyway, back to argument.” I guessed that Lucas was enjoying the argument with Sirius so much that he didn’t want it to end just yet.

Sirius smirked. I guess he was enjoying this spat turned conversation turned spat too.

Was I the only one who still wished somebody would yell cut?

Boys are weird.

“What the hell are you doing here Nellie?” Lucas asked, looking at me.

“Well, I’m a girl and I go to school here.” I answered, confused. What kind of question was that?

“No. Why are you here?” I wondered whether I would have to explain the concept of the birds and bees to him. “In this room, before I came along?” Oh! Now I get it.

I opened my mouth to answer but Sirius never gave me a chance. “She was spending time with me. You got a problem with that?”

“Yes.” Lucas answered honestly. “Something isn’t right about you two.”

“You’re right.” Sirius replied. “We’re vampires. Would you like to join our coven?”

Lucas eyes narrowed, “Stop being stupid Black.”

“I’m telling the truth.” Sirius grinned, “Now do you want to join our coven? If not, I’m afraid I’m going to have to erase your memory as us vampires like a quiet, pleasant existence.”

I snorted. “A quiet existence?”

“Okay. Maybe not that.” Sirius laughed. “But we cannot let anybody know unless we’re trying to convert them. So what do you say Miles?”

“You’ve gone freaky.” Lucas replied. “I’m going to have to decline.” His lip curled.

“It’s your loss.”

“Somehow I don’t think so.”

“I do. I suppose it’ll just have to be me and Nellie in our little coven.”

“I don’t think we can be a coven with just the two of us.” I said, after thinking about it for a little bit. “It’s usually above three.”

“That’s why I was inviting Miles. I want to be a coven.”

“Tell me the truth Black.” Lucas demanded. “What the hell is your history with my girlfriend?”

“Well we vampires have to stick together you see…”

“Stop with this vampire crap.” Lucas yelled and I froze for a moment. “Can I get a straight answer here?”

“There isn’t one I could offer you.” Sirius answered.

“You’ve always been annoying.” Lucas was irritated.

“So have you.”

“Nellie, why do you like this guy?” Lucas asked, “He’s violent; he punched me-”

“-Which you would have retaliated if Nellie wasn’t here.” Sirius interjected, rolling his eyes.

Lucas chose to ignore Sirius comment. “I don’t see any good qualities about him-”

“-Are you blind? My face for one! The rest though are hidden because you can‘t offer it all on a plate at once; I’m a seven course meal. Unlike yours which don’t exist. You‘re not even a starter.” Sirius interrupted Lucas again.

“Will you stop interrupting what I’m trying to say!” Lucas snapped.

“Why? It’s not like it’s important.”

That’s when Lucas lost it and dived for Sirius. Sirius made a little ‘ahhh’ sound, which sounded quite female before quickly moving out the way. Thus Lucas just basically dived onto the floor. It happened slowly, we all watched it, I think even Lucas had an experience and saw it too. Lucas hit the floor with a mighty thud.

Me and looked at each other before bursting out laughing as Lucas lay on the floor, fuming.

“It’s not funny Nellie.” Lucas snapped, “Stop laughing.” Something in his voice made me stop laughing instantly. I’d never heard it before.

“Miles don’t be such a bore.” Sirius laughed, “I mean if you’re not able to laugh at yourself. At least let me and Nellie do it for you.”

“-Let Sirius do it for you.” I corrected. Sirius shot me a look but I pretended to be fascinated by my shoes. Then again, they are pretty cool…I mean-

“Nellie.” Lucas wrapped his arm around me. He must have got up when I wasn’t paying attention. “Let’s go.” I looked at him, then at Sirius who quite oddly was smiling. To be honest, this scared me far more than his temper ever could. “Come on Nellie.” Lucas said, tugging at my arm.

“Why leave the party so suddenly?” Sirius chuckled, “It’s only just beginning. The best is yet to come.”

“I don’t get it.” I responded, “Stop being so cryptic. I mean do you want to be one of those people who come up with all those really clever clues for the television shows?”

“Haha. No. Actually I told McGonagall I wanted to be the next Minister Of Magic, before changing my goal to be a clock maker.” I shot him a strange look. “I was going to make clocks, Peter was going to make omelettes, Remus was going to make tiles and James was going to make quilts.”

I laughed, “I told her I wanted to be a clown, and Izzie said she was going to be a colour consultant.”

“I wonder if anyone actually answers honestly in those meetings?”

Lucas rolled his eyes. “Yeah. Whatever. Let’s go.” He tugged on my sleeve. “We’re leaving Nellie.” I was going to protest against going but stopped myself. I suppose in the end, it was the better option.

Sirius chuckled, “You haven’t changed a bit Miles.”

“You have.” Lucas quipped. “You smell even worse, like a-” He looked at me and stopped himself from finishing the sentence.

Sirius lip curled and his fists were clenched. “If you finish that sentence,” He spat with enough venom to poison the world. “You will regret it.”

Lucas shrugged, “How’d you know what I was going to say?”

“Stop with this crap because it‘s just getting annoying.”

Quick, Nellie! Do that some on that lovely distracting.

“I once had a hat,” I babbled, “And it was purple. It was lovely. Izzie told me I looked like an aubergine though.”

“Stop it Nellie.” Sirius whined, “I keep on forgetting what I want to shout at Lucas for.”

“I find that a good thing.”

“I don’t.” Sirius shrugged. “Lost my point completely now…” He pondered something for a moment. “Will have to find an alternative…” I think Sirius has gone insane. “I hate you Miles.” He grinned. “Yeah. That pretty much works.”

“I hate you too Black.” Lucas spat quickly.

“Glad we’re on the same page.”

Sirius and Lucas were glaring at each other, it only took a second for me to blink but when I opened my eyes Sirius and Lucas were on the floor, rolling around, hitting and kicking each other. I held in a little giggle. I didn’t find much funny, I just wanted to laugh. I just wanted this situation to stop.

Hmm. What is a girl to do? File her nails and wait for it to be over? Or go in and sort it out herself?

I didn’t care much for my nails so I picked the latter option.

“Guys, want to stop this fight now?” I asked nicely.

Ignored.

They just carried on hitting each other.

How rude!

Okay.

I’m going in.

I dived into the middle of the fight, bashing my elbow on the floor in the process. I somehow managed to push them apart by the forehead.

“Nellie, what the hell are you doing?” Lucas snapped, his lip swollen and there was a small gash across his forehead.

“You always ruin my fun.” Sirius muttered sourly, his black eye already formed. It made his eye colour stand out a bit more to be honest…in fact, he had this rough look about him, with all these cuts upon his face, that I actually found quite-

-Stop it Nellie.

Remember Lucas?

Lucas scowled. “Screw this. I’m going.” He removed my hand from his forehead, got up, accidentally walked into a table and then stormed out.

Part of me told me I should go after him; make everything better but an even bigger part told me to stay right here.

…Plus I don’t know where the Ravenclaw common room is.

I know. I’m a bad person.

“Nellie. Are you okay?” Sirius asked, removing my hand from his forehead and placing it in my lap. “You’ve gone all quiet.”

“Your face is all mashed up.”

“Cuts and bruises will heal. No big deal.”

“Come on.” I said getting up from the floor. “Let’s go and get you sorted out. I’m sure Remus will fix you up like he did with my hand.”

“Nah. It’s alright.”

“Sirius-”

“-Not everything should be fixed with magic.” Sirius stated. “Plus they’re war wounds.”

“What if you bleed to death?” I asked, all worried.

“You can sing at the funeral.” He laughed.

“That isn’t funny.” I scowled.

“You brought up the subject of me dying.”

“I was worried!” I admitted.

“Nellie I’m fine.”

“I can’t heal you.”

“What?” Sirius asked confused.

“I can’t heal you.” I repeated. “I don’t know the spell. Nobody would let me try it on them anyway. Can you do it on yourself? Sirius please, you’re all cut up-”

“Oh gosh Nellie. If you think this is bad, you should see me after a-” Sirius cut himself off.

I looked at him, confused. “Huh?”

“Nothing, nothing.” He was greatly uncomfortable with the subject that he had brought up.

“Marauder business?”

“Something like that.”

“So you’re not going to do anything?”

“Nope.”

“You’re either stubborn or silly.”

“More like lazy.”

I looked out the window. “It’s getting late.” I said. “I need to go and do something.”

By something, I meant getting all the necessary things to get Sarah back.

“What you doing?”

“It’s Nellie business.”

Sirius raised his eyebrow. “Need any help?”

Do you want to help me prank your girlfriend?

Haha. I should say yes.

“No thanks.” I smiled. “I’m good.”

“Okay then.” Sirius looked around. “I suppose I’ll go back. Um. Nellie, be careful. We’re all supposed to be asleep by now.”

And with that, left me to plot my prank.

I headed back to my dormitory. Everybody was asleep so I’d have to search in the dark. Sometimes I wish I was cleaner. Izzie could have her eyes covered, her arms tied and she would still find her stuff by her sense of smell. It took at least on hour to search through my dumping ground before I found it.

I grabbed the box and ran to the common room where I could divulge in its contents without waking anybody up.

I sat on the sofa. Here in my hands, I held everything I had collected from Zonkos. Each one hadn’t even been used once. I once played a prank on Izzie and she gave me a wedgie. I never played a prank on her again. Izzie is the wedgie queen.

I rummaged in the box until I found it, I smiled.

Then I yawned. I was so tired. It had been a long day. I’ll just close my eyes for a few minutes…

“Excuse me.” I didn’t recognise the voice. “Excuse me.”

“What?” I asked, not even bothering to open my eyes.

“I don’t think you’re supposed to sleep here.”

“Well. I don’t care.” I opened my eyes, still clutching the box to be greeted by a small, fragile looking boy. “Who are you?”

“Ollie, Miss.”

“Ew. Did you just call me miss? Call me Nellie.” He blushed. “Ollie and Nellie. Haha. We share letters. What year are you in?”

“First.”

“Thought so. You’re a midget.” I winked to show I was joking. “You wouldn’t happen to know when breakfast starts?”

“It starts in about half an hour.”

“Ah crap.” I must have fallen asleep! “Thanks Ollie. I’ve got to go and get ready.” I grabbed my box before I rushed upstairs to go and get washed and dressed. Izzie was no where to be seen.

After I had finished, I grabbed my needed prank material and headed towards where Sarah would be.

I waited for her outside her common room. Quietly, I waited for a while, as people filtered in and out of the Ravenclaw common room; I had found it thanks to some nifty stalking of some little second years. I sighed out of boredom. Then, I she came out. All alone I noticed. Her brown hair was just as glossy as normal but something was different. She didn’t have her normal sparkle; she looked unhappy. I turned around; giving up on my plan. I didn’t want to be the reason someone was unhappy.

“Oi. O’Neill.” Sarah’s voice called after me and I flinched. “Don’t ignore me poodle!.”

Oh. Hello anger. You disappeared for a while. “I’m not. I have things to do.” I stated.

“What are these?” She said, grabbing a bag from my hand.

“Sweets. I‘d like them back thank you very much!”

She pondered it for a moment, “Hmmm. No.”

“What?”

“I said no.”

“But they’re mine!” I yelled.

She looked at them before pulling a blue sweet out of the bag. She stared at it for a single moment, smirked and ate it.

Right in front on me! I gasped for dramatic effect.

It seems Sarah had cast herself the lead part of my wicked play.

I did nothing.

Well, that’s what I’ll claim anyway.

“These are nice.” She laughed before consuming the rest of my sweets except one. “Here poodle.” She placed the sweet in my hand. “You can have this one.” She glared at me as I looked at it. “Eat it.” She demanded.

Next thing I knew I was eating the sweet.

Bugger.

This doesn’t bode well for the future.

This isn’t good.

Well, the sweet is, the situation isn’t.

“Toodles.” She laughed before walking away. She soon disappeared, just like my remorse.

I sighed before going to get some breakfast.

“Nellie.” Izzie called, waving me over as I entered the Great Hall. “Where the hell were you this morning? You weren’t in your bed! Not even under it like that time you thought you would scare me but ended up falling asleep.”

I sat down next to her. “I feel asleep in the common room. You must not have seen me. It’s comfy there.” I lied. To be honest, I ached.

“The settee being more comfy than your bed?” Izzie looked at me funny. “And I’m a cactus.”

I shrugged before helping myself to some breakfast.

“How do you feel Nellie?” Izzie asked in a very therapist way. “Tell me, I won’t charge yet. The first thirty seconds are free.”

“That’s not an easy question.”

“Sure it is.”

“You’ll start charging now, so I’m going to shut up.”

“Stop being difficult!”

I stopped listening to her then, because I watched as the Marauders, plus Lily entered the Great Hall. Lily chose to sit next to Izzie and Sirius surprisingly sat next to me. I thought he might be a little funny with me; but then again, what did I really know?

Not much, I admit.

“Hello.” He said monotonously.

“You’re looking better.” I said as I pointing to his war wounds.

“Thanks.”

“Sirius!” One of his fan girl yelled, I’m not too sure of her name.

“What happened to you?” For some reason, she was glaring at me. She gasped as she came to a quick conclusion. “It was her!”

“Nellie O’Neill attacked Black!” A dark haired fan girl yelled for the whole hall to hear.

“I did not!” I yelled as I wagged my finger like an old lady at the girl. "You little pin cushion!"

“I told you she’s insane.” The whispers began about me as I looked at Sirius, silently begging him to make this all stop.

“Violet.” Sirius spoke to dark haired fan girl who turned a lovely shade of scarlet. Their whisperings stopping to listen to whatever Sirius had to say. “Please don’t make up stuff about Nellie.” He turned to the first fan girl. “It wasn’t Nellie. Okay?”

“Okay.” She mumbled.

“Thanks Sirius.” I whispered to him.

“Rumours can be vicious.”

I was shoving a piece of toast in my mouth when my plan began to grow into full bloom. I heard Sarah shrieking. Everyone turned to look at the girl who now resembled a blue Smartie. Only less round and more human like. Her hair was a very bright blue and her skin had its normal smoothness only it was now also blue. It would have been a little cooler if I made her all the colours of the rainbow but I used them all on my fish. She was now jumping up a down. A dancing Smartie.

Mmmm. Smarties.

I had turned Sarah into a giant blue thing.

Mmmm. Smarties.

I really fancy a packet now.

“Haha.” Izzie burst out laughing. No one else joined in. Izzie shut up for a moment. “Lily!” She gasped. “Laughing at the girl.” She gave a little tut as she mouthed 'It was her' while pointing at Lily.

Sarah looked at me. Her eyes full of murderous intent. “O’Neill.”

That's my name and don't wear it out!

Sarah got up and started running at me. Actually running. A walk would have made her look cooler. This running totally ruins her credibility because she waves her arms around and looks insane. I jumped out of my seat and tried to prepare myself for anything Sarah might do. “You did this didn’t you? I know you did.” She screamed at me. She was putting on a good show for everyone who was watching. “You’re going to regret this Nellie.” She spat my first name like it was poison. To her, it probably was. “I warned you. I told you to play by the rules. I told you to be careful.” She stood in front of me; so close, I could smell her breath. It smelled like cheese.

It was also quite hard to take her seriously considering she was blue.

“What are these rules we’re meant to live by? Nobody writes them down. What the hell are they?” I asked, “Oh, I’m a Gryffindor, we’re supposed to be reckless.” I shrugged. “And Sarah? Prove it.” I was getting a little cocky now. I couldn't help it.

“You’re going to pay.”

“Sorry. I’m broke.” I told her honestly.

She thought about the situation for a moment before everything clicked. “It was them sweets.”

“I seem to remember someone stealing my sweets.” I grinned. “So whatever happens, you did it yourself.”

“You’ve started a war here!” She wailed like a banshee. It hurt my ears a little bit actually. “A war you will regret.”

“Nellie: one. Sarah: zero.” I hummed happily to myself.

Her eyes locked upon mine and then she slapped me right across the face.

Out of shock, I raised my hand to touch my tingling sore cheek. I heard the professors have a little frenzy.

“Nellie: one. Sarah: one.” She smirked, “Or should that count as two?”

“One.” I replied through gritted teeth. “Haven’t you heard? Real girls punch.” I raised my hand to punch her but someone dragged me away, literally kicking and screaming.

“Let me at her!” I yelled. "I'm gonna get her good! I'm going to make her want her Momma!" ...I need to stop watching so many Muggle gangster films.

“Nellie stop.” Sirius ordered angrily. He talked to me like I was a child; but I didn't care. “I’m trying to help.” He fumed at me.

“I didn’t need you take my away from her. I needed you to let me punch her.”

“You’re so stupid.” Sirius hissed at me as I glared back at him, “Stop it. Just stop it. Stop making everything difficult.”

“That’s the second time somebody had said that today.” I grumbled bitterly as I started to calm down a little.

“As if everything wasn’t complicated enough…”

“You made this complicated Sirius. Not me.” I pointed out to him.

I wish people would stop blaming me. It's getting annoying.

“That’s not true!” Sirius yelled furiously. “Stop trying to put the blame on me! You don‘t understand!” He went into a frenzy, ranting to himself, muttering things under his breath that I didn't quite manage to catch.

“If Miss O’Neill and Mr Black would stop having an argument for a moment,” Mrs McGonagall looked at us and we both stopped talking because she has wrath and I don't try to tick people off that have wrath. “Sarah come with me.” Sarah made this angry growling sound. It was distant, but I knew she was in the same room and that annoyed me profusely. “And you Nellie, I will be seeing you in detention tonight along with Mr Black. I will also being seeing you every day of this week too.” She gave me a glance that said I was close to being dead meat here and I shouldn't push it.

“Fine.” I pushed Sirius off me and stormed out of Great Hall.

“Nellie.” Izzie called. “What the hell was that?” I stopped for her. I always would. “Why didn’t you tell me? I would have helped you. You knew that. Why Nellie? Are you purposely shutting me out or something? You used to tell me everything. What’s changed?” She looked at me, her voice wobbling a bit as she carried on. “What the hell Nellie?” She turned around to walk away. “I‘m going to go.” She whispered quietly.

“Izzie. Wait!” I grabbed her arm.

“No Nellie. I’ll talk to you later.” She pulled her arm away before looking at me and the look in her face crushed me. I had hurt her.

“Izzie I’m sorry.” I whimpered, stupid words being the only thing I could offer.

“I know Nellie.” She said softly before walking away and I let her go. I knew chasing after her would be useless.

“Gosh dammit.” I yelled as loud as I could. “Why the hell couldn’t I be born perfect? Why do I have to be such a mess up?” I was walking around the hallway yelling alone. I started to cry. Out of everything, I could never bear to hurt Izzie and that was the exactly thing I had done.

I had shut her out when she always had twenty four access before.

I remember my parents telling me not to crumble, to fight anything. Never give in. I tried to call upon their words that were the roots of most of my beliefs. They told me that I always had strength; I just had to use it.

I don’t know.

It seems too hard.

I don’t think I can do it.

Maybe today was one of those days that I just couldn’t win.

My dad’s voice rang in my ears ‘O’Neill’s never give up’ .

“Nellie.” Sirius yelled.

Oh crap. I can’t deal with him. I began walking quickly trying to escape.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing Nellie?” Sirius yelled at me.

“Uh. Walking? What do you think I’m doing?” I rolled my eyes as I quickened up my pace. Sirius matched it. I walked a little faster. Sirius matched that again.

Bugger.

He isn’t going to let me escape.

“I’m not talking about right now you Fish finger!”

I halted.

He didn’t!

just called me a fish finger.

He was using my own insults against me!

“That’s my insult.” I frowned. “You can’t use it on me!”

“You’ve rubbed off on me.” Sirius shrugged, “I didn’t even realize.”

I shrugged. “Yeah. Whatever. Fish finger.”

“So you can use it, but I can’t?”

“Well yes.”

“But you used it to describe me first. So technically I should also be able to use it.”

“Fine use it. I don’t care anymore.” I shouted before sighing.

“I bet you care.” Sirius teased me.

“Nope.”

“Yes. You do.”

“As much as you care about Sarah.” I said bitterly.

Sirius was left dumbstruck by my comment. He shook his head. “Why did you do it Nellie?”

“You wouldn’t understand.”

“Try me.”

“It’s a long story.”

“I have time.”

I shrugged.

“Is it because I hit Lucas? I hit your boyfriend, you attack my girlfriend? That sort of deaL?" Sirius said. "If you would just tell me what is going on in your head." He muttered to himself.

“I think the one who did the attacking was her!” I pointed to my cheek. It hurt like hell.

“Nellie you turned my girlfriend into a Smurf!” Sirius yelled before he looked at me and then, he burst out into a hysterical laughter.

Suddenly something about this situation was very funny because I had joined in the laughter.

“She did look like a Smurf didn’t she?” I said between laughter.

“All she needed was the outfit.” Sirius grinned. “Okay Nellie. Why did you do it? Don’t deny it." I will never surrender! "Did you eat one of these sweets?”

My eyes went wide, “No.” I yelled dragging it on for a while. “I’ve become a Smurf haven’t I?” I groaned, “I don’t want to become one!”

“The first thing about pranks is don’t fall for them yourself.” Sirius smiled. “It’s not that bad, your skin colour only has a tinge of sky blue and its random strands in your hair.” He held a strand to show me that it had turned a lovely sky blue colour. “Why is Sarah bright blue and you’re this colour?”

“She forced me to have one. She ate the rest. More sweets you eat, the stronger the colour and effects.” I informed before sighing. “Okay. After day after our argument Sarah cornered me outside the common room. She basically said a lot of stuff.” My voice wobbled a bit but Sirius gave me an encouraging look so I carried on. “She said that you were hers. She you had told that you hated me and you didn’t know why you were friends with me.” I sighed. “To be honest, I don’t know that either. She’s right. I’m not worth your time. I’m nothing and Sirius you’re something.” He wanted to speak but I shushed him. “I think I’m dragging you down. I know it’s the self pity talking at the moment but sometimes Sirius, I really do think all this.” I swallowed down a sob. “I don’t know how to fight them either.” Sirius just stared at me. “Everything she said upset me. So I wanted to get her back. So I did. I wasn’t even going to go through it but she stole my sweets. Things were taken out of my hands. Me and Sarah have this history. She hates me for reasons I have yet to understand.”

“Nellie…” Sirius trailed off.

“Sorry. We women have a tendency to be quite neurotic.” I sniffed into my sleeve.

Sirius sighed. “The only reason you’ve never shined is because someone always took more light than they needed.” He refused to look at me when he said this. “I just wish you could see what everyone else sees.” He shook his head. “Anyway. You do know Sarah made up all that crap? I don’t hate you, you annoy me sometimes, granted but most of the times you’re alright.”

“Thanks Sirius.”

“No problem.”

“Are we even?”

“Probably.”

“How is your face?”

“Fine. How’s your cheek?”

“The Smurf packs a mighty slap.” I sighed as Sirius laughed.

In that moment, I felt enough strength not to give in.

I wouldn’t.

Not yet anyway.