Breakables, Revenge, Plans And Me

It was a normal evening, after I had showered and changed into my pyjamas; I was trimming my toe nails and painting them orange and purple. Izzie was scribbling about something on a piece of parchment and Lily was plaiting her hair. We were the only ones up as it was quite late. Then, Fire Whiskey appeared and began tapping on the window.

“Izzie will you get that?” I asked, “Otherwise I’ll mess up my toe nail polish.”

“That would be a good thing. Those colours are ugly.” Izzie retorted sarcastically but got up anyway and took the note that Fire Whiskey was holding. “I’ll feed you something good soon.” She patted him on the head. She chucked the note violently at me, it bounced off my head.

“Ouch,” I muttered as I opened it.

Hi Nellie.

Um, it’s me. I know it’s late but I need to talk to you. Meet me in the common room in five minutes?

-Sirius

P.S your owl scares me.

“It’s from Sirius.” I announced, “He says he wants to talk to me. He wants me to meet him in the common room.”

“I wonder what’s it about?” Lily pondered.

“Don’t know.” I replied, “Should I get changed?”

“Nah. Why bother?” Izzie replied, “Since you’re wearing shorts, just slip your nightgown over, so you don’t get cold.”

“I’m not wearing slippers though. I’m going barefoot! I refuse to wreck my nail polish.” I said as I slipped on my nightgown.

“It’ll be chipped in five minutes. You always chip your nail polish.”

I decided not to reply, because Izzie was telling the truth. Nothing had changed there. “Okay. I’ll see you in a bit.” I said before I went down in the common room.

Sirius was sitting on the sofa, staring at the fire in the empty common room.

“Hullo.” Sirius looked at me. He smiled.

“Hi Nellie.”

“Why does Fire Whiskey scare you?”

“Well, I wanted to borrow Fire Whiskey, because he could get the letter to you fast, because, hey, he is your pet, but he doesn’t like to be woken up from his slumber does he?”

“Haha. I know.” I laughed, “He’s very lazy. That’s why he isn’t a hit with the lady owls. He can’t be bothered.”

“Not being bothered is probably the easy option. He’s a smart owl.”

I laughed, “So what did you to speak to me about?”

Sirius glanced around, “Let’s not do this here, far too many opportunities for people to overhear.”

“But we’re not supposed to be out…it’s late…”

“Like time has ever stopped me.” Sirius grinned, “Come on.” He grabbed my arm and I felt the goose bumps appear on my skin. I tugged my nightgown closer to my body.

We came across a classroom. “This is empty. It’ll work.” Sirius mused.

“Well, not many classes happen in the middle of the night.” I reasoned. “Of course most classrooms are going to be empty.”

“The trick is to get a classroom far away from the teachers as possible.”

I laughed, “I’m sure it is.” I pondered a thought for a moment, “Mr Black, I think you’re a bad influence on me. I didn’t usually break curfew before I met you. I was a good girl.”