Izzie's Mentality, Barney, Fairy's And Me

“Nellie. Stop it.” Izzie snapped at me as she crunched a piece of parchment into a ball and chucked it at my head. It hit it. Obviously. “You’re really annoying me.” She muttered.

“I can tell you’re upset.” I whined as I poked her arm for the hundredth time. “Why won’t you tell me what’s wrong?” Another parchment ball hit me right in the face.

“Oh am I really?” She snapped. “Am I upset? Do I look like I’m upset?”

“…Yes…” Her eyes narrowed, “No?” She looked so angry that for a moment, I thought she was going to punch me. “Maybe?”

She sighed. “Forget it.”

“Please tell me.”

“I said no.” Her voice was moody, her face was a scowl. Something was bothering her and I wanted her to talk to me about it.

I thought about pouting but decided against it because I resemble a fish. “Please? With a cherry on top?” Izzie didn’t budge. “And sprinkles? Lots of sprinkles? And-”

Izzie bit her lip and that’s when I knew that a full blown rant was coming my way. "Okay Nellie, you want to know why I'm upset?" I nodded. “I kissed Remus the other night and he freaked out because he’s a werewolf. He said something how he’s planning on being alone for the rest of his life because it's his curse and he’s going to carry it alone.” She said, as she almost sobbed, but she’s Izzie so she managed to hold it back. “And you always seem to be with Lucas these days.” She scowled at me.

“I am not always with him.” I tried to reason with her but she having none of it.

“Nellie. You spend breakfast, lunch and dinner sitting at his damn table!”

“I would try to get him to sit at our table but Sirius would go mad.”

“You haven’t noticed have you? Sirius doesn’t sit on our table anymore. In fact, he’s hardly ever there.”

“Why?” I ran my fingers though my hair frustrated. “He has to eat!”

Izzie shrugged. “I’m not his keeper. I don’t know why he does certain things.” She began re making her bed, straightening every crease out. She measured her bed with her blanket with her eyes and she tried to make the blanket so each side was even. Izzie smiled at her accomplishment; a perfect bed in my eyes, but then she seemed to notice something. A crease. That is when Izzie lost it. She began ripping at her blankets, tearing them and chucking them on the floor. She pushed her pillows on the floor, she grabbed her sheet off the bed and chucked it at me. It landed quite nicely over my head.

I peaked from the sheet to now see her jumping on the bed and we have four poster beds. So she hit her head, which made her give up. She collapsed on her bed, exhausted and still quite angry. I knew I had to be careful, one slight wrong move and she might go off on one again.

I shrugged the sheet off me and walked over to her slowly. “So, Izzie, what exactly happened?” I climbed on the bed right next to her. I turned my head so I could look at her.

Izzie turned away from me.

“You’ve got a lovely back Izzie, but I’d rather see your face.”

She ignored me. “I got rejected Nellie, rejected and I feel so stupid. I mean how the hell could he like me?” I hated her talking about herself like this because Izzie is huge part of my happiness. If she wasn’t happy, I couldn’t be either. “I’m angry. I know that. It’s the only way I can show I care. I struggle with the words that you find easy. It’s how I am.” She paused and I didn’t interrupt her. “He’s so calm and I’m so…not.” She finished.