Stories, Sarah, Gobstones And Me

Chapter Seventeen-

Stories, Sarah, Gobstones And Me

I was currently sitting on the Hogwarts Express, Izzie wasn’t here yet as she usually gets there with only a couple of minutes to spare. Izzie thinks its wild; I think it makes you get a rubbish compartment.

“Nellie.” James began ask, I looked up to find James, Lily, Peter, Remus and Sirius peering over me. For some reason, they all looked quite nervous.

“I’m not dying am I?” I blurted out, “‘cause I still haven’t beaten my record of-”

“-Nellie, you’re not dying. If you were anyway, wouldn’t you be in a hospital?” Lily raised her eyebrow.

“Don’t know.” I shrugged, “It happens.”

“Where?” Remus asked.

“Um…Witch Weekly?” I suggested.

“Don’t tell me you buy that trash?” Lily sighed.

“I used to…until it became evil.” I shuddered.

“How did the magazine become evil?”

“It told me I was going to die an old maid with lots of cats, a stick to chase anyway any children I do not like, an eye patch because they’re cool, and that I will wear ten skirts at the same time.” I got a few questionable looks, “Okay, so I made most of it up, but the old maid thing was true!”

“Yeah. Anyway.” James began again, “We want to know what happened between Izzie and Regulus?”

“Well, what do you think what happened?”

“Secret relationship?” Peter suggested, “You know, like Izzie fell in love with Regulus?”

I laughed. I actually laughed for quite a while to be honest.

“Peter, you’re so funny.” I grinned, “Izzie would never love Regulus. Never in a million years. She detests him.”

“But we want to know why?” Remus asked.

I sighed, “Fine. When Izzie was twelve, she was involved in a car crash, it killed her parents instantly but Izzie managed to survive. I don’t remember much, but what I do remember Izzie never cried. Not when she woke up, not when she was at their funeral. No tears. I never asked why, because if I mentioned her parents, she would get angry at me.” I sighed, “Then in sixth year, on the last day before the Easter Holidays, Izzie was coming home with me, she does it every year and spends most of the six weeks at mine too, but anyway…I took Izzie to one of mine and Regulus meetings…it didn’t go down well. He and Izzie ended up having an argument and he called her…” It almost hurt to say the word. “…orphan. It was then Izzie snapped... she hit Regulus so much…he had broken bones…then she just started crying.” I found this story so hard to tell, “She cried and she cried. For the whole holiday, she just cried. For those two weeks, I never left her alone, I hid all the sharp objects, I used to make her not lock the bathroom door and I’d just sit outside…I was scared she would jump out the window or something. It was the scariest thing I have ever seen, Izzie was the strongest person I knew, yet she was so sad.” I looked at their expressions, a mixture of sadness, I looked away, “Then on the last day, she stopped crying, she demanded I take her to the beach, which I did, and then she told me thank you and that she loved me more than anything.” I sighed, “And that is why Izzie hates Regulus, he made her remember the one thing that she so tried hard to forget. She told me afterwards that it was just easier to pretend they were alive.”

“You’d never think that about her.” Remus sighed, as he began pondering something as he fiddled with his sleeve.

I shrugged, “I know a different Izzie compared to anyone else. There is a lot you wouldn’t think about her that’s true.”