Potters, Dresses, Budgies And Me

Chapter Fourteen

Potters, Dresses, Budgies And Me

“You’re just a pineapple!”

“Nellie, shut up.”

I was currently sitting in a compartment on the Hogwarts Express heading to James house for the holidays. Me, Izzie, Remus, Peter, James, Lily and Sirius were sharing a compartment so our personal space was the size of an orange. Not that I had much personal space to begin with anyway.

“I think we’re almost there.” Lily smiled, as she looked out the window. She had informed me earlier, that she was excited, but nervous too as this would be the first time she would be meeting James’ parents. She was biting her nails out of a nervous habit.

“You’ll be fine. They’ll love you.” James smiled at Lily reassuringly because he sensed her nervousness.

“I hope so.” She replied.

The train arrived at the platform. We stepped off the train, Izzie glanced at her grandparents. She waved at them before turning to me. “I’m going to miss you being stupid.”

“Izzie, you’ll see me again soon.”

“Yeah, but you amuse me. My family don’t. It’s all about being fancy and what the neighbours did.” Izzie rolled her eyes, “I have to go, but Nellie, have a nice Christmas without me!” She pouted, before giving me one last hug. She said her good byes to everyone before walking over to her grandparents.

We then said our good byes to Remus and Peter, “Bye Remus, Bye Peter.” I each gave them a hug. Soon, it was just me, Lily, Sirius and James.

“Right! Look! My parents are over there!”

James dad was an older version of James, with the messy hair and glasses too. James mother was a dark haired woman, she was grinning. Both of them had something about them that said that they were not to be messed with and had seen a lot if things. I couldn’t help but admire them and I haven’t even spoken one word to them yet.

“Hello, I’m James dad, but please call me Henry. This is my wife Sarah. We’re pleased to meet you.”

“Mum, Dad, This is Lily, my girlfriend.” James introduced Lily as she nervously shook both of their hands in turn.

“Ah, we’ve heard a lot about you.” Mrs Potter smiled as Lily blushed.

“And this is Nellie.” James introduced me, I grinned as I shook their hands.

“Ah, Nellie, we’ve heard quite a few things about you too.” Mrs Potter laughed.

“I hope they were all good.” I shot a playful glare at Sirius and James, “Well they better be otherwise there will be trouble!” I laughed.

“Like we would have a bad word to say about you Nellie!” Sirius teased as he ran his fingers through his hair.

“Too bad it’s not mutual.” I winked as Sirius glared.

Mr and Mrs Potter laughed, “Shall we head back now?” Mr Potter asked, we nodded, and he then took the lead. We walked behind him.

The Potters seem nice.

Mr Potter loaded the trunks into the boot of the car as we all climbed into the car. I’ve never been in a seven seated car before! Soon we were on the road, I was sitting in the back with Lily, James and Sirius was in the next row of seats and Mr and Mrs Potter were in the front. Mr Potter was driving.

“So James, how is Quidditch going?”

“Good. I was hoping to form some new strategies over the holidays. I mean we have our next match in February. Our last match was fine. We won pretty well actually, I mean a hundred and eighty compared to just ten! Though it was a slow start and we only got all those points because Nellie caught the Snitch!” James rambled, before Sirius jabbed him in the ribs to shut him up.