Freaks, Butter face's, No Jokes and Me

What sort of word could describe the torrent of emotions whizzing through me at that moment. Pain? Yes. My knees are killing me, I should of fell a little lighter. Next time, I’ll have to think ahead and wear knee pads. Well, I hope there won’t be a next time. I mean, what next? Peter the Pixie? James the Unicorn? Is Sirius actually a quarter troll? I glanced at him. No he looks more like a goblin after cosmetic surgery. As in he looks particularly human. As In…I don’t know anymore.

I’ve gone mental.

Well, more mental than usual.

I remembered the things I had been taught about werewolf’s in all my time in Hogwarts. It not one book did they describe a werewolf as being sweet, lovely and well, Remus.

He can’t be a werewolf. I refuse to believe this.

So what if he told me himself? Maybe he’s just gone insane and likes making up stories to help him feel special. But that doesn’t explain Regulus does it? Well, Regulus can be driven by the horrible aspects of his personality far too often, I call his evil side Marvin. Regulus was the boy I love, Marvin was a part of him I wished I could banish, but Marvin was essential for Regulus. It saved him when otherwise, he could have been hurt. Make no mistake though; Marvin is one fish finger. So Marvin has come out and started making up stuff about Remus.

I’m so confused.

Wait!

I’ve got it.

It’s a prank. The Marauders were only pretending to go and prank the Slytherins. To make the prank more believable they roped Regulus in. I bet Lily and Izzie were in on it too. I know, why would my friends just prank me? Maybe they knew I’d fall for it. I mean, I am pretty gullible. I’ll be the second to admit that. Izzie would admit be the first. That girl always has to get the first, second, third, last…basically Izzie just has to get her opinion across. If you haven’t figured that out by now.

“This has got to be a joke right?”

“No Nellie.” Remus got down on his knee.

You know what this means?

He is going to ask me to marry him!

It’s a bit odd, since our relationship has never been more than platonic and Izzie might just kill me if I do, but I have to follow these moments. You know, go with the flow. All that sort of rubbish.

“You’re going to propose aren’t you?” I blurted out and Sirius shot me an odd look. I paid no attention to his aesthetically beautiful face. Stop it Nellie. Just because the boy’s appearance may have been sculpted by angels. It still gives you no right to think about him. He’s not yours. Lucas is.

Remus laughed, “No, Nellie. That would annoy a few people, I think.”

Shame. I might have said yes. I don’t fancy Remus, but I love him. Hey, it used to work in the good old days when people wore a lot of lace and rode on horses and always used to shake themselves around not the point, never dancing on top of it.

I was staring in those gentle eyes of his. “I’m sorry. It’s no joke.” He closed his eyes for a moment, exhausted. “When I was little, I was bitten by a werewolf. I’ve been inflicted by this curse ever since.” In his voice, there was no bitterness like I would have expected, just an unnatural feeling of calm. He had accepted his fate and that was it. But if I was him, I would have been mad. I mean, he’s a werewolf, it’s something he has to live with for the rest of his life. It effects him as a being. “I’m sorry. I never really wanted you to find out. I understand…“ he drifted off and we sat in silence for a few moments until he gathered his courage to speak again. “I understand if you don’t want to be friends anymore. Most people wouldn’t, I mean I am a creature and-”