Quills, Biscuits And Me

I envy Lily Evans. She has people eating out of the palm of her hand and doesn't even realize it. She's beautiful and she is nice as well; I haven't seen her being horrible to anybody but James Potter. Even then, she has started to be civil with him lately or most of the time anyway.

That was something I thought I'd never see. Then again, I live in a world full of magic. Unicorns and pixies; It's all normal to me.

People could describe Lily as perfect but I see different. I'm not her best friend or anything, just merely an acquaintance. But I study people. I don't put them in a lab and run tests on them, nothing like that. I just watch. Lily for example, is insecure at being a Muggleborn witch and being left behind, thus she reads a lot and learns more. In fact, she surpasses us.

Oh, her hair is slightly large when she wakes up too and that temper blinds her occasionally.

"Nelliiieee." Izzie complained rather loudly. A few people shot us a few glares who cared, but most didn't. Being too wrapped up with telling us about the fascinating creatures that goblins are, Professor Binns didn't even notice that Izzie had just yelled in the middle of class. Only five minutes into the class and everybody is already falling asleep.

Oh, Nellie is me by the way. Nellie O'Neill. Seventh year Gryffindor at Hogwarts.

"Yes, Isabel?" I asked in a pompous tone, knowing that using Izzie's full name will annoy her.

She glared at the use of her full name but decided against doing anything else. "I'm bored." She stated simply as she chewed on her quill, making it go all soggy. The girl goes through so many quills because of this. It's also the reason I don't lend her quills. It's not the fact that I've lost most of mine and I only have like one left.

"Good for you," I replied before picking up my quill. I started to doodle on my page while Izzie thought it would be perfect timing to have one of her mad moments, which is when she doesn't think about her actions and acts on impulse. These moments usually lead to trouble.

Izzie snatched my quill from my hand and chucked it into the class.

Unfortunately for us, it bounced right off Sirius Black's head.

Izzie could only giggle as I sat there. My mouth resembled a fish, a pouting fish. My eyes were wide as flying saucers. Did I mention I occasionally over exaggerate?

I'll be honest here, Sirius Black is gorgeous. It's the sort of 'he can't be real' gorgeous as well. He's part of a four piece group called the Marauders. Three fourths of them are gorgeous and Peter is quite cute. The group includes; Sirius Black, James Potter, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew, or as they like to be known as Padfoot, Prongs, Moony and Wormtail. Nobody knows why except them. I think it's because Sirius has really soft feet, James whiffs a bit, Remus likes the moon and Peter thinks worms have tails. It's anyone's guess really.

The Marauders are superior in the eyes of most people. The girls even fawn over them; it's actually quite depressing to watch at times and it's creepy as well. Weirdly enough, each has their own fan club. I'm not part of any because I find them a little weird. I mean rumour going around is that the Sirius Black Fan Club is trying to get a lock of his hair so they can clone him.

If you don't find that creepy, you're creepy.

It seems that they have it all, but they can't can they? I mean, nobodies life is that perfect. Sure, they could pull easily, they have the looks, the marks and they have this essence of cool about them. Something about them makes you want to be their best friend. If I didn't have Izzie, I might have fallen to the epidemic that they've created. Izzie provides a bitter tonic that would wake any girl from their day dreams.