Reasons, Snow, Kettles And Me

I sat on a bench not too far from the pub, for a couple of moments; I sat in silence, by myself until someone had to wreck it.

"Listen Nellie-" I heard a voice say but I didn't want to hear it.

"Save it. I'm not interested in what you have to say Black." I spat, "Where's Izzie?" I should have asked where Izzie was before I said I didn't want to hear what he had to say shouldn't I? I'll get it right one day.

"She tried following you out, but she fell over. Don't worry though; Remus is taking care of her."

I couldn't help but wonder whether she did that on purpose.

I didn't want to talk to Sirius anymore, so I got up and started walking around. Sirius followed me though, wherever I went, he went.

"Go away Black."

"Not until you listen."

I carried on walking for a couple of moments before Sirius presence really began to annoy me.

"What do you want from me?"

"For you to listen."

I stopped, "I'm listening."

"Well, I'm sorry about everything." Sirius said meekly while looking at his shoes.

"That's it? I'm going then." I turned to go, but Sirius grabbed my arm to stop me.

"No wait!" Sirius took a deep breath in as he let go of my arm, "I'm going to start from the beginning but doing so, I'm telling you a Marauder secret okay?"

"Fine." I sighed heavily.

"Well, you never closed the door did you? We saw you from under James' invisibility cloak," James has an invisibility cloak? Wow those are quite rare. "I know it was wrong to watch, but I was like, that girl who we've been talking to lately has an odd relationship with my brother and is now breaking up with him. I'm watching you break his heart, but it's to save him." Sirius paused, "So I understand, I don't know why I kicked off earlier, I really don't...I'm sorry, I had no right to say any of those things to you. I'm sorry I made you cry...I wanted to say sorry then...but I was being a fish finger gone mouldy." I laughed, "I'm Sirius Black and I usually mess up everything good that goes on in my life." He bit his lip.

Somehow, I knew Sirius wasn't letting on about everything. I don't think he was quite ready to reveal everything yet.

Something just didn't feel right.

"Sirius," I began, I took a moment to put my feelings into words, "I want to forgive you." I really did, "It's just I can't." Sirius looked hurt, "Not yet anyway." Sirius nodded sadly, I think he understood. "You see Sirius, I can't force forgiveness. It has to come by it's own."

Sirius forced out a reply, "I understand Nellie."

I looked around, for the moment all had been said, "Let's go back."

Sirius nodded and we headed back, shrouded in an uncomfortable silence. When I walked back into The Three Broomsticks Izzie was sitting on a stool. Remus was whispering something to her, but I wasn't paying that much attention. I caught a look shared between Sirius and James. James raised his eyebrow and Sirius just shook his head.

"I'll take her back now." I said, referring to Izzie.

"You sure you'll be able to?" Remus asked concerned. "We would be happy to help."

"Nah. I'll deal. It'll be fine. I'll roll her back if I have to." I smiled before pulling Izzie up, I placed her arm around my shoulder, so I could support her and we walked out. Well, I walked, Izzie kind of stumbled.