Parties, Almost, Betrayals And Me

Chaper Fifteen

Parties, Almost, Betrayals And Me

I love the feeling you get when you wake up and realize its Christmas. I couldn’t help but smile as I slid out of bed and went over to Lily’s. She was fast asleep.

“Rawr!” I yelled, jumping up and down on the spot, I was a little excited, Lily woke up with a jolt and then she looked at me and burst out laughing.

“Happy Christmas.”

“Happy Christmas Nellie.” Lily rubbed her eyes as she climbed out of bed.

I grabbed her hand. “Come onnn!”

Lily followed me, “Don’t tell me you're one of those people who can't stay in bed past eight on Christmas?”

“Don’t tell me, you're one of those people who can hardly sleep on Christmas Eve?”

I grinned as I nodded, “You got that right.”

Lily laughed, “Typical…sometimes Nellie you’re so childish,” She wasn’t saying it like it was fault, in fact she was saying it more like a compliment. “But it suits you.”

“Thanks Lily.” I blushed, “I like your slippers.” You know when someone compliments you; something turns inside you and makes you compliment them back. I could have told Lily anything, that she is beautiful, charming, and funny or anything like that, but no, I chose her slippers.

“That’s original.” Lily laughed, “Thank you.”

We walked to the kitchens where Mr and Mrs Potter were making breakfast.

“Hello girls!” Mrs Potter greeted, “The boys should be up soon.”

“Take a seat,” Mr Potter gestured to the table, “Breakfast shall be served once the boys get down here.” Me and Lily glanced at each other before sitting down.

“What do you normally have for breakfast?” Mrs Potter inquired.

“Food?” I replied, quite confused.

Mrs Potter laughed, “No, I meant what kind? Cereal, hot?”

“Well…”

“…Nellie usually has over twelve breakfasts.” James finished for me, laughing as he and Sirius walked into the kitchen.

“No! I only had eight the other day…”

“Well, boys and girls, breakfast isn’t quite ready as of yet, but you’re presents are in the living room, go along, open them, while I finish this.”

We didn’t need telling twice.

I ran over to my pile. On the top, there was a little box, wrapped in paper with pretty star patterns on it, with a note tag on it. I read it. To Nellie, Happy Christmas, love R. I slipped the present into my pocket; I didn’t want to open Regulus present in front of the others. I felt bad; I didn’t know what he wanted for Christmas. What do you get a Death Eater? So I bought him this pretty ring with a blue gem in the middle. Oh, I also drew him a picture. It was him standing under the light of the moon.

I opened Izzie’s present first, it was a Wizarding camera. I grinned; I loved taking photos of people pulling faces. There was a little note attached to it, Yo, Nellie, I hope you’re having a better time than I am, I might sneak to James Christmas party later for half an hour. I miss you. Happy Christmas! I hope you like your gift, now you can look at my sexy face without stalking me! Haha. Love Izzie. I’d made her a collage, I make her one every year. It’s fun to compare them and to see how much we’ve changed.