Brothers, Duels, Arguments And Me

Ah there you are my lovely quill!

I'd dropped all my stuff after class so here I was collecting it all back up.

I was about to get from under the table when I was startled by the loud slam of the door being opened and closed. Two people were arguing; both male. I heard the mutter of a charm to soundproof the room before the arguments resumed. The amount of noise was coming from them was frightening. I listened intently. I gasped when I realized who the voices were; Sirius and Regulus.

"You're a complete idiot. You disgust me." Sirius snapped. I peered round the corner of the desk. I had a perfect view of them, but I was sure they couldn't see me, they wasn't in the best position to see me. Also, they were too busy in their argument to bother looking at the floor to see my head slightly peeping at them.

"I'm the idiot? Ha!" Regulus laughed bitterly, "This is coming from you! What makes me an idiot that doesn't make you an idiot?"

"You and your stupid views. You adopted them so quickly. What a bunch of crap they are." Sirius hissed.

"Don't you even dare." Regulus threatened. He always was a bit sensitive about his views. Regulus would get mad when I challenged them too. "They're noble. Nothing like the stuff you believe in. It won't get you anywhere."

"Struck a nerve have I?" Sirius teased, " The things I believe in have gotten me pretty far haven't they?" Sirius smirked, he was right. He was one of the most popular boys In the school, it could be argued he was the most popular. Regulus was only respected by his own kind. By his own kind I meant Slytherin's. Which in fact wasn't that many people really.

Regulus gave a sharp glare, "That's only because you're a pretty boy. Without your face, you're nothing. You want to know why? No girl will want to get to know the Black that lurks beneath that stupid façade you put up!"

"That isn't true." Sirius argued, "There is no Black! I'm nothing like the rest of you!" He shouted, it seemed like he was trying to convince himself and not Regulus.

"Least I can be myself," Regulus taunted before Sirius gained his strength again to fight back. "You can't."

"And you wonder why everyone hates you." Sirius laughed, "It's because you are being you."

Regulus growled, "I'd rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I'm not." Regulus quoted like he was reading something off a text book.

"I am what I am." Sirius mused for a moment. "I am a Black, I will always be a Black, but only in the name sense. I am nothing like you. I don't think blood makes you who you are, I mean, we must have had Squibs somewhere in the past right?"

Regulus looked at his cut up hand and cringed. "Our blood is pure."

"Oh but it is really?"

"Toujours pur." Regulus smirked as he stated the Black family motto. The Black family had such a boring motto. Our current one is 'Shiny happy hopeful people are the stars in the night sky.' Least I think that's the most update one, Dad makes up quite a lot of them depending on the situation. Like 'O'Neill's never give up!' He said that one when we tried to beat Mum at Jenga. In the end, we didn't give up (Mum decided she had to start dinner) but we didn't win either. We kept on knocking over the tower with our elbows. My Dad is a little clumsy like me.

"That's the thing they're trying to keep, but it's not really pure. It never is. They've just blasted Squibs off the family tree...or didn't even put them on." Sirius shrugged.

"You're wrong!" Regulus snapped, drumming his fingers across the table.

"I'm not. It just shows how much you know." Sirius gave a little tut. Regulus looked at his feet for a moment, I knew he was thinking about Sirius words. It's obvious, no matter how pure a family tried to say, something has always got to make it murky but everything is murky. Why did the Black family care so much about blood anyway? Blood is blood. Just something that keeps us living. Some blood from a Pureblood is no different from some blood from a Muggle-Born.