Chapter Six: Not a Moment Too Soon

As Bianca laid in the floor of the stall she occupied Brody was making his way to men’s bathroom to fight off the sudden urge to hurl. He wasn’t sure what had come over him but no sooner had he made his way into the bathroom he started throwing up.

He felt extremely strange, he felt his wolf sadden and then it hit him like a ton of bricks. Bianca was his mate and he just denied her in front of the whole school. He had to make this right he knew for the sake of his wolf and hers he had to explain to her that he didn’t realize they were mates.

How could he have been so stupid not to notice the way his wolf had been drawn to hers. How she had been all he ever thought about since the first day they met at work. He knew there was an attraction there but never thought twice about it considering he knew there was no way he could be mated to her.

He knew he was to be mated with an Alpha female but he wasn’t supposed to find her for at least a couple more years according to the Oracle anyways. He always assumed him and Bianca had a strong connection but nothing more now he felt like a complete ass.

As soon as he got his bearings back and had finished throwing up he made his way to find Bianca letting his wolf lead the way. He could feel her despair which made him move faster down the hall.

He approached the women’s bathroom just as his wolf took over slamming the door open and breaking the stall door down. He took a step back when he seen the state Bianca was in as she laid on the floor.

She looked miserable tears streaming down her cheeks, clutching her stomach as it writhed in pain. “Did you come to rub it in?” she cried as she looked up. He went to speak but nothing came out. “I knew once I realized you were my mate that this would happen.” She cried as another wave of pain took over her.

He watched as she doubled over he knew that being denied made you sick but it almost seemed as if it was killing her. Then he realized her wolf couldn’t take the rejection that she was dying. She had been denied by her family and now him she was just too weak to handle it.

Bianca was trying her best not to scream out in pain as it felt like her very soul was being ripped from her body. She couldn’t believe that Brody had come to watch as she was being torn apart inside.

How could he act so valiant in the hall only to turn into a sadistic prick now she thought as the pain started to go away. She knew that her wolf and body couldn’t take much more before she just gave up fighting.

“I need you to do me a favor if you have any shred of a heart.” she cried looking up at Brody. “Anything.” He said wanting to help her. “I need you to take me to Hope I need to see her before I’m gone.” She said as the tears started pouring out.

“What do you mean gone?” he asked confused. “Brody I’m sure you can tell that this isn’t the normal reaction for a wolf that has been rejected by their mate.” Bianca said trying to stand. “I know it seems as if your wolf is dying.” He said helping her up.

“She is dying, we are dying.” She said as they made their way out of the bathroom. “No you can’t be dying not now, what have I done?” Brody yelled wanting nothing more than to go back in time.

“It’s alright I understand you couldn’t very well have me as a mate not when your father is king.” Bianca said as they made their way outside. “No that’s not it I didn’t realize you were my mate I mean I knew there was something going on between us but I had no clue it was that.” He stated as he ran for his car with her in his arms.

“How could you not know?” she asked confused. “I was told I wouldn’t find my mate until I was 27 giving me close to two more years before that happened.” He replied placing her in the passenger seat of his car.

“Surprise you found me early.” She tried to laugh. “Bianca listen I don’t deny you in fact it’s the opposite I accept you with open arms.” He said in hopes it would save her life. “You’re just saying that because you feel bad.” She said not believing him.

“No I’m serious I have been attracted to you since I met you in fact I find you fascinating especially how you buried your wolf inside and controlled it as well as you have that is extremely hard for any wolf much less an Alpha.” Brody said heading away from the school.

“Brody this isn’t the way to Hope where are you taking me?” Bianca asked feeling slightly better since he confessed to how he truly felt. “I can sense that my accepting you hasn’t helped you very much and I can’t stand to think I might lose you so I am taking drastic measures to ensure you get better.” He said heading into Deadwood.

Bianca just laid in the passenger seat of his car and watched as the town she once felt welcomed and safe in went by block by block. She noticed they seemed to be getting closer and closer to her parent’s house.

“No don’t take me to see those people they won’t be able to help I can assure you that.” Bianca said feeling panicked. “Trust me they will be shocked when they find out the daughter they had denounced is the mate of a prince” he smiled trying to reassure her.

“How do you know where they live?” she asked realizing she hadn’t ever given him that information. “It is the royal family’s job to keep track of all the Alphas and their family’s whereabouts.” Brody responded.

“If that is true then how did you not know who I was the first day we met?” Bianca asked. “I was well aware of who you were I just wanted to get my own impression of you and not go off of what others thought about you and your very unusual situation.” Brody beamed at her.

“Why, I mean you knew that I had been banished due to having a half human child?” Bianca asked him as they pulled up to her parent’s house. “Look there is something I am sure you have figured out about me already but I am not like most wolves I don’t look down on anyone for decisions they have made about their own lives I figure to each their own.” He said getting out of the car.

Bianca sat there in complete amazement at how wonderful Brody had turned out to be and the fact that he was willing to do anything to help her even if that meant taking her to her so-called parents for an apology or whatever he was expecting from them.

“I am thankful you are the way you are because no one ever believed me when I told them I was attacked and raped resulting in Hope.” Bianca said as he picked her up out of the car. “I can understand why they wouldn’t when you are an Alpha female and didn’t fight back but I also know that you were scared along with not wanting to expose yourself to the humans.” Brody said as he carried her to the front door.

She watched nervously as Brody rang the doorbell. She was beginning to shake as she replayed the words they said to her the day they banished her. Brody pulled her closer to him sensing she was uneasy.

“Don’t worry I won’t let them hurt you more than they have.” Brody whispered calming her nerves some. It felt like ages before they heard someone walking towards the door. Bianca knew right away it was her mother by the click clack of her heels.

She had imagined this day for a very long time she had missed her mother and father more than anyone would ever know but she knew she could never trust them again after what they did to her and Hope.