Chapter Twenty Seven: Leaving So Soon?

“Why do you have to leave? We have only been here a week and you are up and leaving us here alone with your father?” Bianca whined plopping down on their bed. “Babe I'm sorry but I have princely duties to uphold especially when pups are disappearing all over the kingdom.” Brody replied sitting beside her.

“Why can't Damien or some of the royal guards go?” she said laying back. “I am the next king I have to prove to my kingdom that I am right for the position and by doing this I will be putting all our kingdom at ease.” he replied running his hand through his hair.

“What if this is some kind of trick to get you away from us?” she asked pulling him down beside her. “If it is I will know in a day and be back in a couple days besides I am leaving Damien and the twins here to watch over you and Hope.” he said as she laid her head on his chest.

“I just don't feel right something is off I just know it is.” she insisted. “Babe you are just upset that you are going to be away from me and that is natural because we are mates and mates aren't meant to be apart for long periods of time.” he comforted her.

“I want to believe you but I honestly think this is some kind of trick I don't care what you say I believe that your father is sending you on a wild goose chase.” Bianca said standing up. “Babe I'm sorry please don't be mad at me I am just doing what is expected of me.” Brody replied watching her.

“If you are leaving then so are we.” Bianca said heading to the closet to start packing. “What do you mean you aren't coming with me it may be to dangerous.” Brody said following her. “I didn't say we were going with you.” she said as she pulled out her suitcase.

“Where are you going to go?” he asked putting his hand on her suitcase so she had to look up at him. “Alaska.” she said pulling her suitcase out from under his hand. “ALASKA, are you crazy?” he asked grabbing her by the arm. “No now I would prefer you keep it down so no one else knows where to find us.” she said yanking away from him.

“I forbid you leave the castle and definitely forbid you from going to Alaska.” Brody growled. “You forbid me? I'm not your child I am your mate and I am also a mother and doing what I feel is best for my child.” she replied putting clothes into her suitcase. “She is my daughter to and how am I supposed to protect you if I don't know where you are?” he asked holding his wolf back.

“If you were that worried about protecting us you wouldn't be leaving us alone here tomorrow.” she replied carrying her now full suitcase out of the closet. “Bianca stop this is insane. I don't want to be fighting with you the night before I leave.” he pleaded with her.

“Look I have been thinking about this for awhile and your leaving is just proving that my idea to take Hope and leave is best.” she replied walking towards the door. “You don't walk away from me when we are talking.” he snarled standing in between her and the door. “Brody I am going to pack Hope's things and let Sarah know to pack as well.” she said tapping her foot.

“You aren't taking my daughter anywhere.” he snapped as his eyes turned their dark royal blue signaling his wolf had taken over. “She is my daughter and I will take her where I please.” Bianca yelled back.