Chapter Twenty One: Keeping Eyes On The Enemies

“Mom I told you that you can't be out of bed the doctor said you have to stay in bed for at least another week.” Bianca said ushering her mom back to her room. It had been three weeks since Mrs. Stone had been attacked and nearly killed by rogues.

Bianca had volunteered to take care of her while her father was taking care of pack business throughout the day. “I can't stay in bed anymore I'm tired of being so helpless.” her mother said as Bianca forced her back into bed.

“I'm sorry but we almost lost you and in order for you to recover fully you have to follow doctors orders.” Bianca said covering her mother up. “I hate this so much but I am thankful for the time we are getting to spend with one another I feel as if I am getting a second chance with you.” Mrs. Stone smiled up at her.

“I feel the same way plus it has given you a chance to get to know your granddaughter and future son in law.” Bianca smiled as she glanced out the window into the backyard where Hope and Brody were playing tag.

“I know and I appreciate you allowing me to see her after everything that we did to you.” she replied. Bianca took her mothers words very lightly not sure whether she was just saying them to appease her for the time being or whether she actually meant them.

Bianca had decided to take care of her mother for one reason and one reason only and that was to see what she could find out about her mother's involvement with the king and Damien.

Her mother on the other hand was starting to regret everything she had become a part of in order to ruin her daughters life. She realized that Bianca was so much more than a traitor to her kind and she hated that she had turned her back on her and Hope.

But she was in too deep now to get out so no matter what she knew what was in store for Bianca and Hope whether she wanted to be a part of it or not she had no choice she couldn't back out now.

She knew she had two choices either go along with it and tear her daughter's world apart or come clean to her daughter and die at the hands of the king himself either way she knew she would have to pay for her actions so she kept her mouth shut and just enjoyed the time she had with Bianca and her family.

While Bianca had been taking care of her mother she had found documents hidden in her mother's sewing room that pertained to the custody battle that was to happen over Hope. That's when she knew for a fact her mother was up to something but she was having trouble linking her to the king.

Everyday that went by she would slip Mrs. Stone a sleeping pill to ensure she would pass out giving Bianca time to scavenge the house for anything that might give her a clue as to what her mother was planning with the king.

Most days she came up empty handed but others she found things that made no sense to her what so ever but she began copying them and putting them into a box marked with a question mark just in case they were connected with everything.

Brody had started spending more one on one time with Damien seeing if he could catch on to what his brother and father were up to but he hadn't managed to get anything out of him.

Damien was good at keeping things hidden especially things that were going to destroy his brother's life forever. Damien knew that his brother's happiness was only going to last a little while longer until the day his father set everything into motion.

He hated knowing what his brother was going to go through but he hated that Bianca was going to be queen even more. So he continued going along with everything even though he had his reservations about how they were going to accomplish the over all goal to ensure that Bianca and Brody were never married.