Chapter Five: Facing Reality

Bianca tossed and turned all night long due to her wolf not wanting to settle down. She was too busy trying to get Bianca to go find Brody. Bianca wasn’t ready to confront that situation just yet in fact she really didn’t want to face it at all knowing that it wouldn’t end well for her.

Her wolf kept nagging her and telling her that Brody was their key to being welcomed back where they belonged as Alpha of the pack. If things had worked out she was going to be the first female Alpha in their region which hadn’t ever happened. But every few hundred years there had been at least one female Alpha throughout the Were regions.  

The little sleep she managed to get was invaded by images of Brody and the kiss they shared. Before she knew it morning had arrived and Hope was jumping on her wanting pancakes. She managed to climb out of bed and make her way to the bathroom where she took an ice cold shower trying to wake up.

It helped some but not much she could tell she was going to drag ass all day long. So she threw her hair up into a messy bun and put on a pair of comfy jeans, a tank top and a hoodie in case it was hot in school she could just shed the hoodie. Which she thought it was hot everyday no matter what time of year it was.

Once her and Hope finished breakfast she prepared her to go stay with Mrs. Daniels while she attended her classes. Sara was taking night classes this semester so they could ride together but none of their classes would be the same since Sara was a fairy human who hadn’t found her fairy abilities yet. She was only allowed to take special classes to help her acquire her abilities.

She pushed last night out of her head and hoped Sara wouldn’t bring it up either. “So are you ready for another fun semester?” Sara asked as they climbed into her car. “Oh yes ecstatic.” Bianca said rolling her eyes.

“I can tell.” Sara laughed. “At least we get to see each other between classes and the hour we get for supper.” Bianca said trying to make light of the situation. “Yea that is a big plus.” Sara said as they headed towards the academy.

“Oh did you hear what happened at the club last night after we left?” Sara asked. “No and I’d really like to forget last night.” Bianca replied. “You will want to know this apparently the King of the royal wolf family showed up with his sons.” She squealed.

“I highly doubt that happened.” Bianca said knowing that the king of the royal family wouldn’t be caught in a club on the edge of some human town when he looks down at humans as if they were nothing more than a weak life form taking up space.

“No it’s true it was on the front page of the Deadwood Post. Apparently some rogues tried to kill him but were stopped by the royal guards and one of the princes.” Sara said excited.

“Why on earth was he at the club it just doesn’t make any sense.” Bianca said wondering how Brody knew something was going to happen. “From what dad says he was there to meet with the leader of the Human Hunters to setup a new peace treaty for your kind.” Sara replied.

“That is just an odd place for a meeting like that but my question is how Brody knew something was going to happen.” Bianca said as they pulled into the parking lot. “You know I was wondering the same thing my guess either one of two things either he was a part of the rogues who attacked or he is somehow affiliated with the royal wolf family.” Sara said hoping he wasn’t a rogue for Bianca’s sake.