Chapter Seventeen: Returning Home

“Thanks again for having us father.” Brody said hugging his father one last time before getting in the car to head back to Equality. “I should be the one thanking you for bringing light into the castle again.” The king said patting his back.

“I wish we could stay longer but school will be starting again in a couple days.” Brody smiled up at his father. “I know son you have obligations now and they come first but just know as soon as you graduate I am expecting you and your family to move here with me so we can start the proceedings for your crowning.” The king grinned at him.

“No worries father we will be coming back to stay as soon as we can I promise.” Brody said as he started the car. “Take care of my boys.” The king said looking at Bianca. “I will your majesty.” Bianca smiled. “Would you stop calling me that we are family.” He replied.

They all laughed before getting on the road to home. Damien, Lance and Sarah were following in the car behind them because Travis insisted he get to ride back with his niece. Damien tried hard to object and so did Sarah but in the end Travis got his way.

“So Sarah what is it like being part human?” Lance asked turning around to face her. “Um I guess the same as any other creature just not as fast or strong I don’t really know.” She laughed.

Damien shot Lance a look, “Of course you aren’t as fast or strong when you are mixed with such a lowly species.”  Damien smiled at his own remark that was until he glanced back and saw the hurt in Sarah’s eyes he felt his wolf actually feel bad which never happened so he chose to ignore him and look back at the road.

“That was mean, why would you say something so hurtful?” Lance asked glaring at him. “Sometimes the truth hurts.” Damien shrugged. “You are such an ass I can’t believe I ever thought you were sexy.” Sarah burst out slapping her hand over her mouth as she realized what she had confessed.

Damien almost choked on his gum when she yelled at him. He had never expected her to say anything especially what she had. “I never claimed to be a nice guy and lots of girls would agree with you on my sexiness.” Damien smirked not really sure how to respond to what she said.

Sarah rolled her eyes and put her headphones on turning her phone into an mp3 player. She was trying to hide just how much his comments had stung but was having a hard time keeping the tears at bay.

“I can’t wait to be home where we have our own room.” Bianca said taking Brody’s hand in hers. “I agree although cuddling with our princess the past few nights has been nice too.” Brody smiled.

“Speaking of home is there anyway I might be able to stay with you guys?” Travis asked. “Why you have a house with Damien and Lance?” Brody replied looking in the mirror at his brother.

“I know but since you’ve been living with Bianca Damien has become a total ass to us and I’m sick of it and you know that Lance and I can’t fight him we aren’t no where near as strong even together we are still weaker.” Travis answered.