Chapter 37

Ducky: *reads the note* - second half of his note-
It's with a heavy heart that I write you this note, knowing the amount of pain it is going to cause you.
Tony, I want you to know that I love you dearly and will always love you. If I am given the opportunity to live again I will still choose you like my work and our family will still be my place of happiness.
But unfortunately, I know that there is not going to be any such opportunity.
Tony, I didn't want to do this, but I was compelled by circumstances beyond my control to take the plunge.

I tried my best to pull through, but my best was not good enough. I battled alone for about thirteen months now until my strength failed me. you could not decipher what I was going through and maybe I should not blame you for that.

My one and only friend Abbie came very close to understanding what I was passing through but it was too much for her mind to comprehend.

NCIS, I know that you loved me and did everything you could to prove that to me but I was not feeling loved.

You provided for me more than I even wanted, took me to places that most of my mates have not even heard of, yet despite all these, my heart was longing for love.

I needed someone who would love me for who I was. I needed someone who could reach the depth of my soul and feel the vacuum there.
And I was alone all the while, despite the fact that we laughed together and had gist as a family.
Ducky, I loved you like a father

Tony:
I loved you tony. You showed me that I could always count on you to support me and help me in my time of need. Don't stay single for too long. You deserve to be happy.
Abbie
You showed me confidence and tried to teach me not to care what people thought. And you will always be my friend.
Ducky
I could rely on you for a hug or even just a random story that made me feel better. And I'm very grateful for you
Palmer
I don't know you very well but what I do know is that you accepted me from the very beginning. Thank you
Vance
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with them. I will always be grateful for you
Mcgee
I'm sorry I planned to help you forever but I can't take the pain of not being an NCIS agent but I also can't deal with everyone hating me.-. Tony: Gibby back yet nurse. Nurse: no but I'm sure he'll be back soon. Tony: ok. McGee: he jumped didn't he. Ducky: *nods* runs down to where Gibbs's body is and presses my finger to his neck*. Gibb: very slow plus
McGee: goes to Ziva's room* hey sweetie how are the babies. Ducky: Gibbs why did you do this if you survive you will be in constant pain. Gibbs: *dies*. Tony: lays down. McGee: hey Ziva
Ducky: sighs and calls Palmer*. Ducky: palmer please pick up*. Palmer: *answers his phone* this is Palmer. Ducky: bring the NCIS van. Palmer: ok be right there duck*hangs up before driving to the hospital, and parks before going to find ducky*. Ducky: let's get this over with Palmer. Ducky: Gibbs. Palmer: *gasps * did he? Sucky:*nods*. Palmer: oh man. Does tony know? Ducky: not yet. Palmer: ok let's get this done please* starts walking towards ducky before stopping and starting at Gibbs body*. Ducky: I'm not doing his autopsy cause I know what's the cause of death is.Palmer: *nods* we gotta call Vance. Ducky: I know *calls Vance after loading Gibbs Body into the Van*. Vance: *answers his phone* yes ducky. Ducky: Hey Vance. are you sitting down. Vance: yes I am. What happened. Ducky: Gibbs h h he killed himself. Vance: WHAT!!* DROPS HIS PHONE*. Ducky: only me you Palmer and McGee know. Vance: -doesn't hear ducky bc his phone is on the floor*. Ducky: VANCE. Vance: *picks up his phone* yes duck* sniffles*. Duck: only me you Palmer & McGee know second you know we have to send someone to Gibbs dad to tell him. Vance: ya ill go tell him* sighs* send his body here well investigate just in case. But I'm 99 percent sure it was suicide. I'll get someone else to autopsy his body. Ducky: ok. Vance: bye duck*hangs up before going to Gibbs house where Abby is* knocks on the door*. Ducky: ships Gibbs body to NCIS. Abby: answer the door* Hey Vance what brings you by. Vance's:*looks at her sadly* I'm sorry. Abby: for what. Vance: Gibbs he uh. Abby: what he does. M.E: autopsy Gibbs's body and find that he died of injury associated with suicide. Vance: h he's died* looks down*. Abby: no he can't die no he just can't. Abby: no he can't die no he just can't. Vance: Abby he jumped. I I'm sorry. Abby: NOooooooooooooooo *falls down crying*. Vance: *kneels down and pulls her close to me*. Abby: *cries*. Tony: sleeping soundly. Vance: shh it's ok and* rubs her back.
M.E: *calls Vance*. Abby: crying. Vance: *answers* yes. M.E.: cause of death suicide. Vance: thank you* hangs up* abbs I gotta tell Jackson and the rest of the team. Abby: *has fallen asleep crying*. McGee: *holding Leroy Jethro Jr*. Vance: picks her up and lays her on Gibbs bed with one of Gibbs sweaters* pulls a blanket over her before heading out and over to Jackson house*knocks on the door. Jackson: *answers the door*.
Vance: hi sir. I have some news about Jethro. Jackson: yeah Vance.
Vance: Gibbs has died. Suicide. Jackson: but I just saw him. Vance: he jumped about an hour ago. Jackson: does his team know. Vance: abby , ducky, mcgee and Palmer know. I have yet to tell ziva and tony. Jackson: can i be there when you tell Tony.