Arro_Sohng

This is my interview with Arro_Sohng

They have 8 followers at the moment and 4 published works including Anamoly which is a Frerard and I Never Told You What I Do For A Living which is a Frerard with 19 reads.

1. Why did you decide to first make your Wattpad account?

This is actually my second account. I believe my first was deleted for inactivity, so this one is just a replacement, but I started out just reading Nico di Angelo goes to Hogwarts fanfictions. Like a lot of them. So I wanted a profile to organize them and find them twice, because it was really hard to keep track of my stories.

I was also extremely desperate to publish my stories/fanfic literally anywhere, and I had heard that Wattpad worked for even phones. Unfortunately, the writing tool would not work on my phone until I first started stories on the computer, but I still made the account for reading.

2. Do you like reading on this site as well or mostly writing?

Yes, I actually probably read more than I write. It's mostly fanfictions, though I have read a few fiction works.

3. Do you have a favorite character you've written so far?

Not exactly. I usually like all of my characters, and for vastly different reasons, whether it is their personality, looks, description, language, or relationships. I do have a few I really like. One of them is named Arsen. He is a prince with fire magic, and he has a twin brother named Ashren. Another character I like is called Paris, a boy with a mental connection to other people.

Possibly my favorite would be either Shaden or Samryn, two characters in the same book. Shaden is shy and clings to his friend Gavin, he also shapeshifts and has black powers. He ends up being possessed and kills Gavin, and later commits suicide due to his actions. Samryn is the main character's love interest, and he's my Sam character, because every book needs a Sam character, even if they're not actually named Sam.

4. Where do you get your inspiration to write from?

I get inspiration from literally everything. Sometimes I base stories on dreams, or ideas I come up with. Because I write a lot of fanfiction, many of my ideas come when watching movies. I see a scene, and I'm like, "it would be so cool if this person and their friends had to survive here," or "what if these two universes met," or "that is definitely something this person would do."

Most often I don't actually do a crossover, but just put the characters into a world similar to what I see. For example, the idea for I Never Told You What I Do For A Living actually came soon after watching the RED movies, which are about ex-CIA vigilantes saving the world and being funny and in love while doing it.

5. You mostly write Frerard, so how did you first get into that ship?

This is kind of a long story. It basically is part of me getting into the MCR (My Chemical Romance) bandom. I follow a lot of fandom pages on Pinterest, and also Panic! At the Disco and Fall Out Boy. Pinterest was apparently like, "hey, this kid likes emo fandoms, MCR to the rescue!"

I saw a few of those things comparing rock/alternative stars to pop stars, in terms of how they treat their fans and such, and MCR was featured in both. So then my infamous heavily customized Pandora radio station made the first move, and played me 'Welcome to the Black Parade'.

I imagine my reaction was what a lot of people's were. At first I was like, "who the heck is this?!" because I pride myself on knowing the artist and song name of everything that plays on my special station. When it finished, I was like, "woah, that was good," so I checked and it was by a slightly familiar band, obviously MCR.

I looked up the music video for the song, and was very impressed, but I got the totally wrong impression of the band itself. Of course that song is emotional and such, but I didn't know anything like Frank's tattoos, Gerard's smile, the secrets of Ray's hair, etc. I checked out the comments, and long story short, I went on a listening spree of their most popular stuff, like Helena, The Ghost of You, Na Na Na.

Over the next month or so I slowly looked into their other albums, became acquainted with the people themselves, and started understanding references. I had always been very adverse to RPFs and being obsessed with celebrities, mostly because all the typical ones were actors or something, and I didn't think people should like their lives that much. But then I realized that it made sense to like these guys as people, because they made such beautiful art and were amazing people.

However, I still drew the line at fan fiction, because I didn't get how it could be fun to write about normal people's lives. And then, I inevitably stumbled upon Frerard. I swore I wasn't gonna ship it, because it was weird shipping real people who I didn't actually know, right? But obviously, that didn't work out.

Eventually I got the dynamic of how we as the fandom shipped them, considering they were married and had kids, and most of us didn't actually want them to be together. I guess the way it works is that it's like creating an alternate version of them so you can mess around with it. But basically, I fell in love with it, started reading fanfic, and now here I am. I say blame the internet.

6. What is the hardest part about writing for you?

For me, I think the hardest part is the in between. I usually have no problem whatsoever coming up with ideas, but I make up a storyline of a few main events, with some other random scenes I have written very detailed in my head. I know everything I want to happen, but getting there is the problem. That's why I update exponentially faster as the story progresses, because I don't know how to build up to the things I want to do.

7. Do you have a future goal you would like to reach on Wattpad?

Basically, I just want someone to like my works like I like other peoples. I want to finish all my stories so I can start their sequels. I want to finish the series so I can make new ones. I just want to never stop writing. But I gotta admit it would be super cool to get an award or get high up on the tagging ranks.

8. Do you have any difficulties writing two different stories at once?

Sometimes. I have a very chaotic mind, and I definitely enjoy having options for what I want to write and who I want to write. For me, I never really get the plots confused, because I'm used to reading books the same way. The worst though, is when I have one book in first person, and the other is in third person, because when I first change to a new work I constantly switch between the perspectives. Like, five times a paragraph.

9. If you could be one of the characters you have written for a day who would you choose and why?

That's tough. I would say Anomaly Gerard, because of his powers, but no thanks to all that trauma. Though I suppose I would have Frank there for me...so maybe him.

Or, it would be the OC I made up for the Descendants fandom (yes, I like that cringey Disney movie), named Brina Hook. She is the daughter of Harry Hook and Uma, daughter of Ursula, my two favorite characters and OTP from those movies. Also, she looks awesome and has cool sea powers, not to mention she runs around as the captain of a pack of child pirates on an island her parents own, so what's not to like?

10. What has been your best moment on Wattpad so far?

That's really hard. I would say publishing my first story, but considering no one ever read it (and don't try, I took it down, though I will redo it), not so much. I think it was the first time someone I knew (from online, I do not know them in real life) read my stories and commented on them (shout out to SYN0004 I love you imaginary friend). That moment was so special, and I was incredibly excited that they checked out my stuff.

Or maybe this moment, when I get to be interviewed by SeraphStarshine because they are amazing and this was kind of my dream since one of my favorite authors mentioned being interview by my other favorite author. Because, seriously, I love your writing.

I hope you enjoyed my interview with the lovely Arro_Sohng

Don't forget to comment suggestions for other authors I should feature next.

Love you all xxx

- starr