20_dollar_nosebleed

This is my interview with 20_dollar_nosebleed

They have 3.3k followers at the moment and 25 published works including their newest book The Masked Guardian which is a Brallon and Until My Heart Explodes which is a Frerard with 128k reads.

1. You have been on this site for three years according to your page. Have you been actively writing this entire time and if so do you still enjoy it as much as you did when you started?

Haha well that depends on what you define as "actively writing". I take small breaks in between fics a lot of the time because I have to have inspiration to start new ones. There's overlap between writings sometimes where I'll be writing two fics at once, which is super stressful so I've tried to stop doing that. I had to delete a few fics to do so, but I think it's for the better.

As for if I enjoy it as much as when I first started, I'd say I enjoy it more now than I did then. That's mostly because I've built a reputation by this point and I've made friends through Wattpad, and there's more interaction on my stories.

There was a peak when I was enjoying it a whole lot more than I'm enjoying it now, so I think I'm sort of on the downward slope of enjoyment right now, but who knows? Maybe it'll start going upwards again.

2. What did it feel like to hit 3k followers?

It was so awesome to hit 3k! It's always cool to hit big milestones like that. The notifications I get most excited for aside from comments on new fics are the ones from follow notifications. I'm constantly refreshing my home page to see if the number has increased, which might be a little egotistical but it makes me happy lol.

3. You write about a variety of ships. Do you have a favorite one?

I've bounced this around in my head a lot. It was Petekey for a while, but I've fallen back on Brallon every time.

Regardless of the ship, I can usually write the characters to suit the needs of the fic, but I dunno, the idea of the two of them together is just hnnnn kill me with a spoon kind of feels.

4. Do you have a book of yours that you would recommend for people not sure where to start?

That's a great question, if they don't care what ship they read and they're a newer fanfiction reader, then I'd say start with A Better Reality or Rhythm of the Rain since those are more fluffy and angsty than sad.

If they're more well-versed, then I'd say either Obsessive or Inflexible because those have a bit deeper story lines/are more hardcore with smut.

5. Do you enjoy writing oneshots or full length fics more?

I think I was having this discussion with either you and Charr or with Rae the other day. I've thought about this before and honestly it depends on my mood.

If I'm extremely motivated to write, then full length fics. I can develop the story more and add in smaller nuances that a 5K word one shot won't have. On the other hand, I can put more condensed, detailed information into a one shot without the story getting lost along the way. It really just depends on what I'm in the mood to write.

Sometimes I'll get an idea for a fic and I'll be like "oh wait, this would be better as a one shot" or vice versa. And sometimes one shots get turned into fics (Rhythm of the Rain, Obsessive, Commiserate) so really it just depends on how I'm feeling motivation-wise.

6. Do you have a favorite character you've written so far?

Oh wow I'm not really sure. That's probably a tie between a few and I'll probably forget a character here and there, but I think ultimately it's Dallon from Obsessive.

I love the detail I put into Dallon's character, and I love how many people have told me that the fic itself has helped them understand OCD and its symptoms. I sort of used him as an outlet for my own issues as well, which was very therapeutic.

Also, I love how his character gradually got better instead of meeting Brendon and then just being "cured". I feel like I did him justice representing him as a person with mental health issues.

7. Do you have any plans for new stories in the future?

Short answer: not really. I've got like 15k words written for the sequel to Pride-U even though it badly needs a rewrite, and I've got the idea for a teacher/student fic in the back of my mind that will probably never happen lolol, but other than that I'm just seeing what happens.

I'm trying to finish my 100 book even though I'm only on like part 30/100, but I'm getting there one story at a time.

8. Would you like to one day work on getting a book published or do you write more for fun?

I'd love to get a book published! Probably not as a fanfiction because I don't want fanfiction on a publisher's radar, but maybe if I change one of my stories into an actual book and self-publish that would be cool.

I've already done that with Until My Heart Explodes (making it into an actual book, not the publishing thing), I just haven't done anything with it because I want to rewrite it in present tense at some point and I need to scrap some chapters. I really want to do the same thing with Obsessive, and I might. Eventually.

9. If you could go back in time and do something differently on Wattpad what would it be?

This is gonna be a sad answer lolol but I'd be more careful with who I talked to, for one thing.

Another is maybe not to have deleted my first fic because I'd love to read it now and see how bad it was and tell myself "oh yeah, ~that's~ why no one read your story."

Also maybe save the plot for Not the Ordinary Type and write that story now because I feel like I could've done a much better job with it now than I did three years ago.

10. What has been your best moment on Wattpad so far?

Wow I don't really know, I've had a lot of great moments.

Honestly every time I make a friend is a great moment because I've built so many awesome relationships on here.

If we're talking singular moments, I think it was the day I hit 1k followers because I was like "that's it. I'm famous. I've made it." Even though I'm still so far from actually being famous.

Hopefully I haven't had my greatest moment yet, but I guess we'll see what happens.

I hope you enjoyed my interview with the lovely 20_dollar_nosebleed

Don't forget to comment suggestions for other authors I should feature next.

Love you all xxx

- starr