CorgisforCory

This is my interview with CorgisforCory

They have 627 followers at the moment and 14 published works including Not Today and The Suicide Games which is a 5SOS AU with 26k reads.

1. Why did you decide to first make your Wattpad account?

I made my first Wattpad account (this one) after I saw a girl at my school reading on it during lunch. I asked her about it, and she encouraged me to download the app.

2. Do you like reading on this site as well or mostly writing?

I've previously done more reading than writing, but lately I haven't had much time to read, and a lot of books don't seem to be unique, or have any special sparks anymore. There are some, but I do spend more time writing these days.

3. Where do you get your inspiration to write from?

I get my inspiration from my daydreams and imaginations. I'm a maladaptive daydreamer, which basically means I create in-depth daydreams with huge backstories, main and side characters, and both realistic and unrealistic settings. A lot of my stories are just written-down versions of those daydreams, sometimes altered to better fit my writing, but these stories are all my unique creations.

4. When you write do you have any certain music or playlist you listen to while doing so?

I don't have an exact playlist, but I do listen to a lot of music. It really depends on what I'm writing. If it's a sad moment I'll listen to some slow pop-indie like The Neighbourhood or Chase Atlantic, but if I'm writing something cruel and unforgiving you can find me jamming to something like Bastarz, 24K, or VIXX.

5. Do you have a favorite character you've written so far?

A favorite character? Hm...I really like what I'm doing with Hongbin in My Dead Girlfriend. I'm also really proud of some characters in my drafts. I've got a book called Dare or Dare that I'm making (unpublished right now), and the main character is quite sadistic and cruel. It's exciting to create characters how I want.

6. Do you have any pet peeves concerning Wattpad or things you dislike about posting on here?

There's so much drama. Like, drama is fun sometimes, especially when it's petty stuff you see on Twitter, but I don't understand why or how people brought it here? Wattpad should just be a place to write and connect, but suddenly it's full of "exposing" books and people making hate accounts. It's gotten annoying but also sad. What happened to making stories?

7. Do you have a future goal you would like to reach on Wattpad?

I would love to hit 1K, possibly before my 3rd year anniversary on here (coming up in June) but if not then before the year ends. I also really wanna put out some more stories before the fall, because then I don't think I'll have as much time to write anymore.

8. How do you juggle writing and your personal life?

I'm not good at that at all! Honestly, I'm straggling on one of the other. Whenever I've got a really good story idea, my personal needs really suffer, and whenever I have a lot of school to do my account becomes really dry. To try to balance it, I do try to have a schedule for updating some of my books, like Not Today and Account Rates, but I still mess up a lot.

9. Has your experience with Wattpad helped you grow or change at all as a person?

Oh definitely. I've been able to express myself and not get judged a lot for it. I've become so much more comfortable with who I am as a person, and letting out all my feelings kept inside of me into my writing. I used to be so shy about not being the average human I kinda wished I didn't exist. But I found my place here, and Wattpad is like a second home. I wouldn't be my true self if I hadn't come here.

10. What has been your best moment on Wattpad so far?

I think when my book The Suicide Games started hitting it off. It was the first book I was super proud of, and it was the first book that I had finally found my favorite type of writing. Scary, sadistic stuff, like I didn't know people would actually like reading that stuff as much as I loved writing it.

Seeing the reactions from people as they read each chapter, and having people tell me how good it was and how it kept them on the edge of their seat...that was the best part. I really want to recreate that with Dare or Dare, so I'm taking elements from TSG and putting it into my new story.

I hope you enjoyed my interview with the lovely CorgisforCory

Don't forget to comment suggestions for other authors I should feature next.

Love you all xxx

- starr