moonymitch 💞

This is my interview with moonymitch (now blqckdameron)

They have 899 followers at the moment and 21 published works including Out In The Hinterland which is a Gerbert and Creep which is a Frerard with 3k reads.

1. Why did you decide to first make your Wattpad account?

Well, there's no super special reason. I was slowly introducing myself to Frerard and was starting to get sick of fanfiction.net haha...but yeah, I signed up and read A Splitting of the Mind first (a terrible decision I now realize) but yeah...I got it for more material, I was never looking to write at the time.

2. Do you like reading on this site as well or mostly writing?

Mostly writing! Nowadays, anyway. I'm very picky on the stuff I read, but I haven't read in a while. I'm currently trying to find more Gerbert fanfiction, but that doesn't seem to appear on Wattpad, so I'm gonna see if AO3 has stuff for me. But when I do find myself reading (every once in a blue moon) it's mostly vampirexchild and her works. She inspires me a lot if I'm being honest.

3. You mostly write Frerard, so how did you first get into that ship?

Concert videos! Lots of dirty dirty concert videos from the Projekt Revolution Tour of good ol' 2007. I had never seen such gay shit on stage before (well, technically David Bowie counts) but I was certainly intrigued. Never knew it would literally change my life (I hate using that phrase, but it's true).

4. Do you enjoy writing oneshots or full length fics more?

Full length, definitely. So much imagination can't be confined to a single chapter! Oneshots stress me out, to be honest. I'll be ready to write and then realize the idea is too big for a oneshot. Makes me regret even making a new piece of work. But full length fics definitely help me with that. Of course, making a plot and a whole new batch of personalities for existing people isn't easy, but for me, it's easier then smushing them into a couple thousand words.

5. Do you have a book of yours that you would recommend for people not sure where to start?

Actually, Trip to the Sands of Our Beauty is a good starter! It's a good balance of oneshot and full length; for now, I'm calling it a short story. Plus, it's a co-write with vampirexchild! April writes the smut and I write the rest (I'm not good at that stuff, but she's the opposite). Who doesn't love a little Revenge Era Frank and Hawaiian/Lemon Gerard?

6. If you could be one of the characters you have written for a day who would you choose and why?

Frank Iero from my newer story Cosmic People and Houses on the Beach! He lives in a futuristic house with the ocean as his backyard, and he's a writer who lives with a cat! My dream life, basically. The only downside: he's single (for now).

7. Do you have any other ships you enjoy but haven't written about yet?

If you had asked me last month, I would've said Gerbert! But fortunately, I just started my first fanfiction for that ship! I'm so happy to be writing it, I've always wanted to write a good Gerbert story, and I think this one will pull through. The book is called Out in the Hinterland, and it's something I was inspired to write after listening to a plethora of songs on one of my playlists (of the same name, no less).

8. When you write do you have any certain music or playlist you listen to while doing so?

Yes! I have a playlist for Creep (and Out in the Hinterland, of course) that's on Spotify with a large variety of songs. It's got Lady Gaga, Marina and the Diamonds, Grimes, as well as Judas Priest and MCR. A huge mix that shouldn't work at all, but does when I write!

My Out in the Hinterland playlist has more...I guess it's folk and lo-fi, technically, but I don't really know. The artists are all kind of varied; Of Monsters and Men, First Aid Kit, Avey Tare's Slasher Flicks, Radical Face, and Bright Eyes are all there (and there's more but I'm not remembering them).

9. Any advice for someone new to Wattpad who is considering starting their own book?

Let your imagination flow, but don't steal ideas! And absolutely no romanticizing anything that shouldn't be romanticized. But besides that, write whatever you want! It helps to know what you're writing about as well. Don't let others control what you write, just have good and safe fun!

10. What has been your best moment on Wattpad so far?

Best moment? Probably when I met April. She means a lot to me, and her writing is some of the best I've ever read (anywhere!). She intimidated me at first because of her status as a big Frerard writer, but now she's my best friend and I love her more than anything.

I hope you enjoyed my interview with the lovely moonymitch

Update: moonymitch has changed their username they are now blqckdameron

Don't forget to comment suggestions for other authors I should feature next.

Love you all xxx

- starr