c h a p t e r - f i v e

Day - 2 (Continued...)

Dalhousie is a high-altitude town spread across 5 hills near the Dhauladhar mountain range in the north Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. There was a pleasant coldness in the air which was in contrast to what they experienced in Punjab. Chirag adjusted all the hotels according to Aayrah and Ahana's hotel bookings while Shivansh remained displeased about this decision. 

Ahana got the hold on steering while Chirag got settled beside her saying he doesn't want to sit beside Shivansh as he got bored seeing his face for the past 4 years so Shivansh had no option but to get settled beside Aayrah who already fought with him while adjusting the guitar. Finally, Ahana and Chirag found the solution and adjusted it in the trunk above all the luggage. That didn't make her happy or satisfied but it was her brilliant idea to have fun by taking in the two boys along the road trip so she couldn't say anything more. She stayed quiet by putting the headphones around her ears to get away from the cheesy talks of the front seat people. She looked out of the window at the mesmerizing beauty surrounding them. It felt peaceful with slight dark clouds and coldness of the air. And it was the time when Aayrah cursed beneath her breaths for not listening to her sister of wearing full jeans. She looked at Shivansh who held a grumpy face and looked at the front from between the front seats.

"Can you please increase the temperature?" Aayrah said reluctantly with a pleading face. She knew she will be getting a lecture and she hated that the most. Ahana looked at her from the front rare mirror with a known look and Aayrah knew she was right.

"I told you to wear..." Ahana said but Aayrah cut her off.

"I know. I know. Now don't lecture me. I am already shivering. Just please lower the... No, wait. Increase the temperature," She said further rubbing her arms and thighs.

"There you go, Princess," Chirag said as he increased the temperature in the car. Aayrah smiled widely and got back seating in her seat comfortably.

"Thank you," She said and looked at Shivansh to the side who was still looking out of the window without paying much attention to anything happening around. Aayrah smirked a little as her evil brain started working and thought of irritating him a bit. She shifted in her seat and looked at him.

"You are allergic to girls or something?" She asked. She could feel the people on front eyeing on the backseat. Shivansh sighed and looked at her. Aayrah gave her sweetest smile to him much to his annoyance.

"No," he said plainly.

"Why exactly are you grumpy?" Aayrah asked raising her eyebrows at him.

"I am not grumpy," he said with least interest.

"Did someone broke your heart?" She asked. He gave Aayrah an irritated look.

"What?" He asked rather than answering her back. She knew that she had it right. Aayrah smirked and moved in her seat and closer to Shivansh who wanted to move farther from her but was bounded by the closed door of the car.

"So that's the reason. See I have this talent of getting things out of people," Aayrah said still smirking much to Shivansh's annoyance.

"Mind your own business," he said through gritted teeth.

"Oh, I am so going to do it," Aayrah said, "I am glad actually that the girl freed herself." Shivansh greeted his teeth and glared at Aayrah but she was least bothered as he was doing the thing she expected him to do.

"Listen..." He said but Chirag thought of cutting those two kids off.

"Aayrah," he called her out. Aayrah moved her gaze to Chirag who was now turning around fully to look at her, "What do you do? By profession?"