Chapter 30: Sisterhood Part 2

Hey everybody, it's your friendly neighborhood Author Man!

I'll be honest, I almost ran out of motivation to write this. My other stories were just a lot more interesting and exciting to write for. I plan on coming back to this one regularly, but don't hold me to it.

See ya in another life Brotha!

.

.

.

*Third Person POV*

Y/n stormed through the castle, the children's book tucked under his arm. Upon seeing one of the Royal Guard coming towards him, he slipped it under his shirt and greeted the guard.

"Your highness." The guard said with a bow.

"Sargent."

"It is time for court, sire."

"Of course," Y/n sighed, "Let's go."

The guard led the way as they came to the Throne Room. There was a line of citizens out the door, and Y/n could feel the boredom start as he took a seat in his throne.

"Let in the first citizen."

"Your highness," The citizen said, rising from a bow, "My neighbor and I have been in dispute over a farm animal. You see, a chicken laid an egg on the barrier between our properties, and another chicken has hatched from the egg..."

[Timeskip]

"How many more people could there possibly be?" Y/n asked rhetorically, "Alright, let's keep going. Who's next?"

"I figured you'd be happier to see me," A familiar voice joked, "I assume you've gotten a good taste of the royal life style?"

"Doctor!"

Y/n pushed himself out of his throne, meeting his surrogate-father halfway across the room. They greeted in a short, intimate hug, before backing away and looking each other over. Y/n waved away the remaining citizens and guards, before leading the Doctor down the hall.

"You look so much like your father," The doctor said, looking Y/n in the eyes, "But those eyes... those are your mother's."

"Thank you," Y/n replied, "And you! You've haven't managed to blow yourself up yet!"

"Of course not," The Doctor waved the thought away, "I was able to not blow myself up before you were born, you know."

"Sure, sure you were," Y/n chuckled, "That's why you only have one arm."

Y/n was almost knocked to his feet as the Doctor's metal arm smacked him in the back of the head.

"Smarmy dick."

"Old coot."

The two shared a laugh like old friends, before Y/n pushed a door open.

"Come into my study, we can talk in here."

The two went inside and took a seat, Y/n across the desk from the Doctor. They shared some niceties and reminisced, before there was a knock at the door.

"Come in!"

Ellie came into the room, standing straight up and holding her hands out in front of her.

"I heard you had a guest, your highness," She said with a bow, "Would you like me to fetch some tea?"

"No need, Ellie," Y/n said, "And please, there's no need to act differently just cause the old man's here."

"Really?"

"Yep."

Ellie gave the Doctor a sideways glance, as he pulled a flask off his hip and popped it open. He took a deep swig then let out a massive burp.

Ellie let out a deep breath, her shoulders slumping and her body becoming less stiff.

"Jeez," She sighed, "I really hate that fake tone."

She came around the desk, taking a seat beside Y/n.

"Nice to meet you," She said to the Doctor, "I'm Ellie, Y/n's personal maid."

"He calls me the Doctor," He replied, "I'm the one who was trusted to raise him."

"Well you seem to have done a good job."

Both turned their attention on Y/n, who was looking at a glass of mysterious liquid on his desk and debating whether or not he'd drink it.

"Seems like it," the Doctor sighed, "I really hope it does."

"Well," Y/n said, having come to a decision on the murky liquid, "Doc...I have something to ask you."

"What is it?" The Doctor replied, noting Y/n's serious tone.

"I need you to tell me about a princess."

The Doctor's stomach dropped as a children's book was slid across the desk towards him.

"Princess Arminta L/n."