Chapter 7: After The Ceremony

*Y/n POV*

I walked around the Throne room, which had now been cleared to allow the guests and nobles to move freely and congregate. As I walked around, shaking hands and faking a smile as I met all these people that I didn't honestly care about, I noticed a rather tall man walking towards me.

"Your highness," The tall man said, bowing to me, "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Pleasure to meet you too, Mr..."

"King Phillip Greves, of The Kingdom of Lihnea."

I bowed to him as a sign of respect, "Pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure is all mine," He replied, shaking my hand, "Your father was such a great man, and a wonderful leader."

"Really?"

"Yes, of course. We were trade partners, our shipments of wool make up most of the cloth in your kingdom, and vice versa with iron and other metals."

"Intriguing," I replied, "I hope that we can continue the partnership you had with my father."

"Most definitely," Greves said, "In fact, there are some people I'd like to introduce you to. Here they come now."

Walking up to the two of us was a boy and a girl, at least a year my junior. The boy had brown hair walked with an uptight arrogance that reminded me of Cedric and the young girl had black hair, similar to the king, and walked with the grace of a princess, very similar to Princess Latifa back home.

 The boy had brown hair walked with an uptight arrogance that reminded me of Cedric and the young girl had black hair, similar to the king, and walked with the grace of a princess, very similar to Princess Latifa back home

"King Y/n," Greves said, waling behind and putting a hand on their shoulders, "I would like to introduce you to my daughter, Princess Sera, and my future Son-in-law, Lord Kingston of Lihnea."

"It's an honor to meet you, your highness." Kingston said, Sera staying quiet.

Lord Kingston and Princess Sera both bowed to me, Kingston making an exaggerated and flamboyant bow, while Sera did a small curtsy of respect. The way he talked and acted, it made a rage in me grow the more I looked at him.

"Yes, pleasure," I said, my voice strained and not an inch of movement in my body, "If you'll excuse me, I have to go find the Captain. Pardon me."

I turned and began to walk away from the conversation, leaving the three to their own devices. I had no real intentions of finding De'volt, as he was off talking or organizing the guards or whatever he does. I actually turned towards the doors to leave, intent on ditching my high-fashioned dress and then going back to the clock tower.

It wasn't until I actually left the main castle, that I realized how many people were outside. Most of the population of the capital was standing outside, chatting among themselves.

As I was walking along the wall, attempting to draw as little attention as possible. That was, until I heard something off to my left, deeper in the crowd.

"What are you doing here?!" A gruff voice yelled, "You're not supposed to be here!"

There was a quieter, softer voice, one that I couldn't not hear completely. It sounded female, and like she was in pain.

"Bullshit!" Another voice boomed, "Your kind aren't allowed here! Get outta here!"

Hearing that, I knew I had to step in. Sighing to myself and rolling my eyes, I turned to where the voices were coming from and raised my voice.

"Is there a problem here?"