Chapter 26: Y/n Vs. Cedric

*Third Person POV*

Cedric reeled back and fired a ball of flames at Y/n, who held up his burned arms to create an invisible barrier between him and the attack. The ball of flames struck and exploded, surrounding Y/n's barrier in a bright orange explosion.

Y/n held up his barrier, as Cedric began to fire a volley of flames at him. A small crack began on the edge of his barrier, slowing growing with each attack.

"Master!" Kohaku yelled, ducking behind the barrier with him to avoid random attacks, "You must fight back!"

"I... can't..." Y/n panted, "Too... tired..."

De'volt could see Y/n's muscles begin to spasm, as his lack of energy began to fight his will to continue fighting. His fatigue was becoming obvious, but no one could even attack because of Cedric's constant volley of flames.

The cracks in his barrier began to spread even farther, all cracks moving towards the center. Cedric charged a ball of flames in his hand one last time, winding up and throwing it like a baseball.

It exploded against Y/n's barrier, cracking it into pieces and sending the king flying head over heels backwards. He landed behind the crowd of his Royal Guard, striking the stone ground and fainting, his staff landing next to him and clinking on the ground.

"King Y/n!"

De'volt turned and charged towards the former-royal advisor, holding his sword over his shoulder as he surged forward. His sword began to crackle with electricity, as he swung it horizontally.

"You bastard!"

His blade came down quickly, almost a flash as it began to glow bright yellow. Cedric held out his hand and caught the blade in his grasp, the electricity that surrounded the blade absorbing into his arm.

"You didn't really think this would work out, right?" Cedric mocked, "You're dumber than the boy is."

De'volt could only watch in shock as Cedric reeled back his fist and swung it towards his face. Cedric's fist struck like a lightning bolt, shocking De'volt and sending him flying backwards in the blink of an eye.

De'volt crashed into the wall of the castle, cracks exploding from out behind him. He fell to the ground, his armor clanking the whole way down to the ground.

"Damn," He cursed, struggling to push himself up as electricity surged through his metal armor, "I can't...move!"

"Then sit," Kohaku growled, "Allow me to show this bastard how the symbol of Regulus treats usurpers."

Kohaku let loose a guttural growl, starting in the deepest parts of her gut and shooting out through her fangs. A burst of wind shot out from around her, blowing everyone back and pushing Cedric back a few feet.

Her white fur began to glow with a pure white light, as her black stripes seemed to suck in light from around her. Her blue eyes shone like diamonds against the light, as she crouched down and prepared to strike.

Cedric blocked his eyes from the light, as Kohaku began to pounce towards him. She opened her jaw wide and leapt into the air, the wind blowing past her and towards Cedric as her magic influenced the elements of light and wind around her.

Time slowed down as she soared through the air, her claws and fangs shining as her body became a blur in spectator's eyes.

Kohaku looked down on her opponent as she aimed for his jugular, only to become confused as she saw a smirk on his face. She cocked an eye as she heard something coming from her right.