Chapter 13: Negotiations

*Y/n POV*

I laid on the floor of my office, my back leaned up against Kohaku's stomach and my hands crossed over my stomach. She was purring lightly, sending vibrations through my spine and body.

'Big kitty purrs hard,' I thought, 'Feels good...'

I continued to sink deeper into her fur, my eyelids slowly closing as I did. It seemed like the perfect time to take a nap, after the excitement of the last couple of days. As I slowly drifted off to sleep, everything seemed so peaceful...

...Until the pounding on my door sent me and Kohaku launching into a sitting position.

"Who is it?" I growled.

"De'volt," The familiar voice carried through the door, "I need to speak with you, Y/n."

I stood up and opened the door, coming face to face with my head of guard.

"What is it?"

"His highness, King Greves would like to speak to you," He sighed, "He's getting pretty impatient about this trade deal."

"Oh great," I let out a deep breath and rubbed the bridge of my nose, "Alright, tell him I'm on my way."

"Will do."

He walked off and I closed the door, turning back to my regal clothes that were hanging on a rack near by. They were a lot nicer than my normal clothes, which were equivalent to a potato sack, but they were stiff and made it hard to breathe.

 They were a lot nicer than my normal clothes, which were equivalent to a potato sack, but they were stiff and made it hard to breathe

I slipped out of my shirt and put on the more formal shirt, buttoning it up to my neck. As I continued to undress and redress, I felt Kohaku nuzzle against me, rubbing her side against me.

"What's the occasion, Y/n?" She purred, "This is a little formal for nap time."

"The King of Lihnea and I have to continue negotiating trade deals," I informed her, tying the neckerchief around my neck, "Lord Zeal, this is uncomfortable as hell."

"Hmm, shall I accompany you?" She asked, "You're not the most intimidating king in the kingdom."

"Thank you, but it won't be necessary. I'm expecting him to be too stubborn to convince."

"Huh, your father said the same thing," She began to walk away, stretching her back before laying down again, "If you need me, I'll be here."

I finished dressing by putting on the cape/shawl (A/n: I don't know the difference), and left the room. I turned and walked down the hall, passing by my royal guard on the way.

"No one enters or leaves this room without my express permission," I ordered, "Understand?"

"Yes sir, your highness," The guard replied with a salute, "No one in or out."