Chapter 6: King

*Third Person POV*

The organ began to sing it's melodious tune, and all who were present stood to see the new king as he walked through the courtyard.

Y/n was wearing a clean suit, a long red cape, and was groomed perfectly. Behind and to his right, Captain De'volt marched along, his battle-worn armor replaced with a polished suit that exuded strength and confidence.

Behind and to his left, Royal Advisor Cedric walked with brisk steps, his normal clothes showing the excellence expected of the king's second in command.

Around them were guards, three in front and three in the back. These were the best trained guards in Regulus, chosen by De'volt for their abilities and honor in combat.

As they walked through the crowded courtyard, The crowd went deathly quiet. The mere sight of the new king seemed to be enough to quiet even the noisiest of babies.

Y/n walked into the large wooden doors, onto the red carpet of the Throne Room. He walked past the rows of noblemen and women, walking to where a priest waited for him in front of the throne.

The guards separated out, three on each side of the throne. De'volt stood to his right and Cedric stood to his left, as he stepped forward towards the priest.

"We have all gathered here today, under the grace of Lord Zeal," The priest began to preach, "To see the coronation of the rightful Prince Y/n, son of King F/n. May he rest in peace."

"May he rest in peace." The crowd repeated in unison.

"Lord Zeal has brought peace and stability to this great land," The priest continued, "And he continues to bless us with great rulers and mighty soldiers, as well as bountiful crops and glory among our allies and rivals. We have prevailed in great wars and our soldiers are acclaimed as the greatest in all the realms."

"Amen." The crowd answered.

"And it is only through our righteous prayer and servitude that we can continue this great Kingdom's prosperity," The priest turned his attention to Y/n, "Do you, as king, promise to uphold the traditions and ideal of the land and law?"

"I do, by the gifts of Lord Zeal."

"Do you, as king, promise to protect this great kingdom in war, no matter how great or small?"

"I do, by the power of Lord Zeal."

"Do you, as king, promise to create new connections and positive relationships with our fellow kingdoms, while sacrificing as little as possible for your citizens?"

"I do, by the greatness of Lord Zeal."

"Then, by the power invested in me by the Great Lord Zeal, and with the authority given to me by the Great King F/n, I give you the Grant of Religion, one of the three grants of Regulus. May it lead you spiritually in your journeys."

The priest back away, and Y/n turned to his left to face Cedric. Cedric fell to one knee, and held out his hand.

"By the Authority of King F/n," Cedric said, "I give you the Grant of Intelligence, one of the three grants of Regulus. May it assist you in leading this great kingdom."

Y/n then turned to De'volt, who dropped to one knee and placed one hand on the ground.

"By the Authority of King F/n," De'volt repeated from before, "I provide the Grant of Defense, one of the three grants of Regulus. May it protect you and this great land as you rule."

Having received the grants of Regulus, Y/n turned back to the priest, who now held a golden staff in his hands. He held out the staff and Y/n place his own hand on the staff above the priest's.

"By the grace of Lord Zeal, I now pronounce you as King Y/n. May his grace and excellence lead you in your leadership."

The priest let go of the staff, leaving it entirely in Y/n's hands. Y/n then turned to face the crowd, attempting to stand tall and proud, even as his nervousness began to get the better of him.

Hoorahs began to erupt from the soldiers and cheers came from the crowd outside. Their booming voices contrasted with the nobles inside, who let out a few claps at the new king's coronation.

As Y/n looked out over his new subjects, he began to feel a growing sense of dread in the bottom of his stomach.