28: Heart's day

Heart's Day
JUV'S POV.

January just passed but that was the month, that I was so competitive not in academic but in courtship. We actually, competing on her heart.

I have been in much competitions and I think this is the hardest. No preparations, just go, be yourself and got appreciated.

But! Heart is the asset. My heart is the asset in this competition.

If she notice him more than me, my heart loss its beats.

If she smile more when she's with him, my heart loss its beats.

If she's more with him, then I'm less with myself. Pakiramdam ko ay kulang ako.

"Happy Valentines, I think, I should thank you," aniya after giving me chocolates. She has this genuine smile on me. While us, wearing red, with her blushing cheeks that I can focused on. With this noise of the party.

This is the heart's day.

"You gave me chocolates, then, for that, I should be the one to say thank you. And...  thank you," I said,  "you are the only one who gave me this such."

She laughed at me while shaking her head.

"Thank you, kasi ni-reject mo ako. Oo, alam ko, I'm conserved and I think that is for," she said, then smiled while blushing,  “Hilton."

I should be shock, right?

I mean, Hallyx and I been talked about this a month ago. And, Hallyx should be the only one who knew this.

How to act? How to act surprise? I can't.

I can't shift my mood within a second.

"Yes," she said, "Hilton, your cousin. Hindi mo ba napapansin? Close kami. Y-you can't speak? Wala kabang sasabihin? O, well sabi niya, hindi naman kayo sabay lumaki. So, wala kang paki?"

"I," I muttered, "I can't show how astonished I am but I guarantee you, I am shocked."

She nodded with doubt on his face.

"Kita ko nga."

After that we talked about the party, we talked about Hallyx, whose in charge in arranging some stuff in this classroom program. I talked about, Hilton, on how his family connected to mine and I told her that Hilton never approach me not until, she herself was on my frame and he, my cousin just keep pestering me on the house just to be in that frame.

And then, suddenly this topic brought something heavy;

"How about Fist?" I asked. Looking at Fist, who's playing games on his phone with other boys in this room.

"He's great, he---" she looked at me then, "he's going to be okay. Hindi ko naman siguro sinira ang puso niya. Tinuruan ko lang... o baka nilikdiangan?" she also asked herself, puzzled.  “Basta, magiging okay siya."

"How'd you know?"

"Bakit? Naging okay naman ako nang ni-reject mo ako eh."

"I conserved you."

"Katulad ng ginawa ko kay Fist? I conserved him for a better woman. Magiging okay siya katulad nang pagiging okay ko. Makakakita siya ng para sa kanya."

The conversation stopped when the program start and of course, It should have a game, we are no longer child so, I decide that it should full of just a performance. Some sing, some go the the booth scattered everywhere on the campus, some buy gifts, some exchanged their chocolates and some greet and gave their gift on our advicer, Mrs. Lucas. Alacrity and felicity filled the air.