14: Texting

Texting
Juv's POV

I hate it, I hate when the girl  I love... I mean, I like is always with other man that I know,  way better than me. Well, Fist is just one in bunch of boys who's courting Hallyx. But this, Fist is actually making his move, smoothly. He's acting like a friend to her.

In cafeteria, I saw Fist and Hallyx laughing together. Seems like a joke was used by him to make her laughed. Her smile... okay at least she is smiling. I'm satisfied with that.

"Juv, d'on tayo umupo, naroon sila oh, dali!"

Hinila ako ni Anisa palapit sa kanilang dalawa. Malaki ang mesa, ten chairs. From other strand 'yong ibang naka-upo.

Napatingin ako kay Hallyx dahil sa tapat niya ako uupo. She just gave me seconds to glance and then spent the entire time listening on what Fist saying.

"Nakakahiya naman, dalawa rito 'yong palaging highest sa exam," said Anisa. "Grabe 'yong grupo na'tin, may maganda, guwapo, at may matatalino," tumatawang saad niya.

Hallyx and I, always got the highest score in exam. If I'm the first highest then she will be the second. If she's first then I'm the second.

"You grouped people based on what?" tanong ni Hallyx.

Okay, ito na naman siya. She will release random questions. Kapag nagte-text naman kami, gan'on rin— but ang kaibahan nga lang ay masyadong personal ang tanong niya katulad ng... anong work ni dad at ni mom, anong age ko n'ong ganito-ganiyan at bakit wala akong kapatid.  That's so personal.

I like her question randomly and not about figures. Sometimes, I don't answer her text messages, I think it's not natural for her to ask that. Just like she really want to know me, from fetus to up now. So odd.

"Features? Characteristics? Hobbies? Similarities?" sagot ni Anisa sa tanong.

"Lahat ng may S sa huli, And I thank you?" pabirong tanong ni Fist at sumimangot naman si Anisa.

"Group people randomly.... That clicks, dahil opposite attracts. Sasabihin ko ah, hindi  tayo pare-pareho dito," said Hallyx.

I was listening to their conversation when I feel someone's eyes staring on me. I saw the eyes and its owner, it's Hilton, my cousin. He smirked at me and glanced at Anisa and then to Hallyx. Maybe, again, he will ask me to help him with girls?

Yes him, I remembered him asking Hallyx for a dance on our Junior's ball. He was the King of the Night. If now, he want Hallyx, ano na lang laban ko?

Should I make move?

No.

I made move when I run with Hallyx on the ball night. But...that night was made to forget. I promised it to her.

Should I continue pursuing her? I think, I have a lot of competitors. Fist a fine man. Hilton a jerk cousin but a charming one with oozing sexual appeal that every girls fall for.

Month of August, buwan ng wika. This month with program, we suffer in speech choir and we compete but lose.

Fortnightly, Hallyx and I sees each other at the store. Having some chitchat with his Pal.