24: Crayon

Crayon
Juv's POV

I'm pretty much excited with this Baguio trip but this words burst it out;

"Ah, si Hallyx, hindi siya sumama, may pageant ata, ay mali, event pala. Sayang talaga," said Anisa on some girls na naka-upo sa unahang part ng seat.

It so cold here at the bus. Each excitement was oozing, I can sense it by the noise they made.

Si Hallyx lang ang hindi kasama.

Kaya pala walang Hallyx na dumadating. Yes, this past few days, naka-distansya siya sa akin kaya't hindi ko man lang natanong kung kasama ba siya o hindi. Fool me!

Nakarating kami sa Baguio.

This should be my time to ask for apology. Since, nalaman ko na kung bakit siya naglalakad papuntang ibang direksyon--- the day bago kami pumunta rito.

Napag-alaman ko na nakikisama siya sa mga batang kalye at ang nagiging tagpuan nila ay ang ilalim ng tulay ng Mandao. She brought foods but more of it, I think the kids want the chitchat time with Hallyx. Really, Hallyx is listening to their little rants.

I was there, I was there when they talk about Christmas and New Year. I felt pang in my chess when kids asked if it's really necessary to celebrate Christmas.

I heard it from the place where I was hiding. Well, actually one kid saw me, but she just laughed at me.

"Manong, pasundo," I said.

No one asked, from Baguio I go back home and rest for a while. I think, a lot, of where Hallyx should be but on instinct, I went to gym, actually to the store.

And there I saw this, Marc with my Hallyx, she's... I think, wearing heavy make-up. Of course, I noticed that big bouquet of rose.

Such a romantic man giving her an elegant rose but a gentleman would never make her lady bring those heavy stuff.

"Nice rose from planet B-612. Might be special. I will hold this while you are buying your needs," I said. I want to makeup with her. I mean, I want to settle all the wrong things I've done.

Actually, I have no idea in that B-612, I asked Hilton then he laughed at me. He just say, it must science things. But when I say Rose on planet B-612. He asked me about my nickname of Nothing. I said Hallyx gave me that name. Hilton just gave me a deadpan look and said, "If you love her, really. Go pursue her over the gap of current. If you just like or adore her because of beauty, quit it. Quit on her unless you are very welcome to have no privilege."

I don't know. I don't know what to think. Hilton's mind twisting advice.

This Marc a gangster-like makes Hallyx smile every single day. That, makes me want to pop.

"I'm entertaining him," she answered when I asked what is the score between her at that Marc.

Two things about entertaining. One, she's really into him. Two, I need to apologize in doubting about her job.

I apologized and that is sincerely from my heart.

"Sorry mo, mukha mo!" sigaw ni Hallyx habang pababa ng hagdan para mag-recess.

Marc is really into Hallyx, he's pursuing her, habang ako ay namamatay sa selos. Sa sobrang busy nila, hindi na naalala ni Hallyx ang birthday gift ko sa kanya.

Now, I want to pursue her that hard, kahit pahabol-habol ako.

Christmas break was already done. New year's celebration was done. Now, back to school. Hallyx, got some bruises and that's not really look fine. I asked her but she refused to answer. She just say that I should ask her neighborhood and believe them just like on the first time. And that, I again, I apologize. But yeah, sorry ko raw mukha ko.