Chapter seven

I couldn't stop staring. I wasn't staring at his bruises though I was staring straight into his eyes trying to figure out what he was thinking. He looked really worried as a tear rolled down his face. I put my hand to his cheek and whipped the tear away then I got off of him and cuddled up right next to him nuzzling my head into his chest. I couldn't help it. I started crying too. I knew the situation well "Hey hey don't cry you're gonna make me cry even more" he says while sniffiling and brushing a tear off his face. "Im so sorry i'm so so so sorry" its all i can manage to say with tears still going down my face. He sits up and pulls me up so we are both sitting criss cross on his mattress staring at each other. "Do the guys know?" I ask  him. "No" I don't ask anymore questions related to that because I don't want to force him into anything he doesn't want to talk about. "Soo were kissing now" i say trying to change the subject, which it does we both laugh at that a little bit , but it wasn't a full laugh you could still tell we had both been crying. "I liked it" he says i give him a little smirke "i liked it too" he lays back down and brings me down with him pulling me close to him. "So what does this mean now?" " I don't know, are we like boyfriend and girlfriend or something?" he says, which makes me laugh. "Do you want that?" he looks at me and nods. "Ok then we are boyfriend and girlfriend" i say while smiling up at him. "Shit i better call Zach and let him know where i am, do you have a phone?" "yeah it's in the kitchen i'll take you"

He shows me the home phone connected to the wall and then goes to sit on the counter top while I lean against the wall looking at him and dialing my home number. After two rings someone picks up "Zach?"

"Yeah whos this"
"Its evie"
"Bro where the fuck are you"
"I ran into Esste down town and she invited me over and i lost track of time im sorry" fourthgrade gave me a weird look as i said this and i had to hold back  a laugh.

"Oh well do you plan on coming back tonight? Amy is supposed to be back later tonight"

"Do you think it would be ok if i stayed for the night i'll come back early in the morning"

"Um yeah i think that should be fine i'll let amy know when she gets home. Tell estee i say hi. I'll talk to you tomorrow"

"She says hi too okay byee"

I hang up the phone and turn back to fourth grade he still looks like hes trying to figure out what's going on "you know esste?" He asks me i look at him in disbelief "hold up YOU know estee?" "yeah i mean i know of her shes friends with fuck shit and her a stevie had a thing at a party two weeks ago i dont really talk to her alot though" "THAT WAS SUNBURN SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT OMG esstee is like my best friend i cant believe i didnt know about you guys" "woah i didnt know that" "hm well anyways i just told zach i was with her  because he doesnt seem to like me being around you too much" "that was probably a smart decision" i hop up on the counter top next to hm a decide to ask a question. "Your dad... does he do this often" i point at his bruised stomach "i mean sometimes, it hasn't been this bad in a while i guess it just happened" i hugged him "you know you can always stay at my house righty, he shouldn't  be able to do this" "thank you" he says then hops down and grabs my hands to help me down i yawn and we go back to his room and fall asleep. I woke up around one in the morning freezing cold even though he had his arms wrapped around me. I was still cold because all he had on his bed were sheets. I don't know how he wasn't cold, he still didn't even have a shirt on. I didn't want to wake him but i was so cold, i nudge him a bit and slowly wakes up "do you have  a sweatshirt or something it's freezing in here" he is still very much a sleep but he rubs his eyes while letting out a yawn "yeah there should be one in the closet" he says in a really soft voice. His room is pitch black so I have to feel my way around his room. I make it to his closet and flip the light switch on. "Woahhhh" he says while covering his eyes and turning over in the opposite direction. I'm surprised by the lack of clothing he has but I find a black sweatshirt with a baker skateboards logo on it clearly worn out but it's so soft holy shit. I turn the light switch off and try putting the hoodie over my head while walking back to his bed but I trip on a pair of his shoes and drop to the floor. He hears the thud and instantly turns over "what the fuck did you just do" he says while laughing at me "are you laughing at mee" "me laughing? Nope" i get back up and fully put the hoodie back on then check my legs that are surprisingly okay and not bleeding again from my fall earlier. "dumbass" I hear him say still laughing a bit. I shoot him a sad look then laugh too As i crawl back into his bed and he puts his arms back around me again. "Do you fall like this a lot?  like as your boyfriend should i be concerned " I laugh a little at this. "Definitely"