// epilogue //

••••••

••••••

T H A T M O R N I N G Reina entered Las Encinas with an easier heart. Guzman continued to walk next to her, smiling at her gently as soon as he'd notice her frown or doubt, ready to tell him to change his mind. He was content with his choice even if it was incredibly different from his personality. Reina didn't deserve his hatred over something anyone could've done.

"My exam results sucked," the blond commented calmly, Reina looking around the faces of students, smiling in amusement over Guzman's comment as they strolled through the hallways casually, ready to be just teens again.

Reina glanced up at the guy warmly, still shocked to know he had forgiven her. "You should have seen my results, if not my dad, I'd be out of this school already," she joked back, having missed something so easy and nonchalant.

Guzman chuckled before Reina stopped abruptly, noticing Samuel walk by himself in front of them, back in school after his reappearance. She watched Samuel stop and look around as if having missed this place, these halls and rich kids, who gave no crap about him as they swarmed back the school after a short holiday.

Reina smiled sadly, relieved to see Samuel back and alive. He may have caused everyone a great deal of worries and pain, but if not him, Reina would be still swimming in pain and secrets. Not that she was out of that tsunami, deep down she still hurt for Polo, who was another story.

"Hey, wait a second," Guzman commented gently before walking again so Reina did as asked, watching the blond approach a guy he used to hate and blame. Reina watched Guzman call out Samuel's name, the latter turning around to face the blond.

Reina felt emotional upon seeing once two biggest enemies shake hands and then hug brotherly, their feud long in the past and forgotten. To think that not even four months ago Guzman wanting Samuel dead was now changed into Guzman being grateful for Samuel left Reina to realize life was finally taking a break from misery. That it was finally going back to the way it was.

She smiled sadly when the two pulled away, Samuel glancing back at her with a calm look and then smiling. Reina's heart ached, it felt like a dream she was finally able to live.

Reina smiled back until her eyes caught onto someone that made her world shake like the wildest earthquake. She stumbled slightly, looking at someone from afar as more and more people noticed that person, his appearance last thing expected.

What the hell, how, the only thing Reina could think of as she swallowed feelings that resurfaced again after she thought all of this mess would be over.

His shoes, his stripy socks, suspenders, that funny backpack of his, his blazer and rings on his fingers as he walked down the stairs of the school nobody expected him to ever walk back into.

Reina tried to blink, but couldn't and when Polo stopped in front of everyone he had ever hurt, his determined dark face meeting everyone's, Reina knew she was too quick to think life would go back to the way it was.

Vote, read, comment.

THE END OF YOUNG GODS