// thirty-four //

•Dreams We've Had•

••••••

••••••

R E I N A  W A S  B A C K. She never thought she'd back in Salvador's office, especially after he betrayed her and told everything to Alejandro and Susana. However, that betrayal turned out to be exactly what Reina needed to break free from Alejandro so she was also thankful to her therapist for finally giving her what she had always dreamed of or so she thought. "How was your Christmas?" Salvador smiled as if her own dismissal previously had never happened.

Reina sat on his couch with a sleepless look on her face, shrugging slightly, her mind traveling back to Polo and how much she began to break. Even sitting in front of her therapist made her want to confess to him, to tell him that she knew Polo was a killer.

Samuel was still missing, for too long now and it was only a matter of time that either her, Ander or Carla would break. "Okay, then I'll ask how was your Christmas without your father?" Salvador asked further, calm and collected like always.

"I'm free, I thought I wouldn't have to talk about my dad anymore," Reina commented, not wanting to touch the subject again, but Salvador could only smirk, looking at her knowingly. Reina glared at him slightly, thus remembering Alejandro's reaction to them leaving. More time had passed and he wasn't doing anything to bring them back home as she imagined him to do.

Salvador sat back in his armchair and crossed his arms over his chest, offering Reina a pointed look. "From your look I'd say it's the opposite. I mean, I've finally met your father and, boy, it left me curious. I finally got to see you interact with your parents, and I believe, you've forgiven your mother. Your dad's realization surprised you too so I don't think you haven't broken free just yet. So, tell me honestly, how do you feel living away from your father?"

Reina breathed out, her chest going down as she looked away, trying to wrap her mind around something she so far thought of as amazing. Truthfully, with Polo and Samuel Reina had little time to let the facts of leaving her dad settle in, Alejandro's tears the only thing she could see when she thought about him. "Like I can breathe better, like that fucking house and him inside was suffocating me all this time... But..."

Salvador didn't interrupt her small pause and just allowed Reina to find her own right words. She frowned when something weird hit her - pity for her dad. She shouldn't have felt it, especially after everything he has ever done for her, but Reina knew how empathetic she could be and it killed her inside. "Despite the easiness, my past still haunts me. I still think about my father and everything he has ever done."

"Do you want to see him again?"

Reina didn't know, truly. She paused again, trying to stop whatever Salvador was making her think about. It wasn't easy. "I don't know... I mean, why would I?" Reina shrugged as if trying to prove herself it shouldn't even be an option. Susana had finally stood up to them all and left a hurtful thing in the past so Salvador's confusing and annoying questions left Reina to ponder why he was saying these things, more so initiating. "After years worth of pain, he finally let us go."