// twenty-nine //

•Down To A Second•

••••••

••••••

A  F E W  H O U R S before Reina's life got consecutively worse, back at the fundraiser the redhead began to think why life had to be so hard. As she wandered back to the crowd, which began to gather near a stage, Reina thought why couldn't she have lived a simple life, one where she'd be truly happy. She wished she could've traveled somewhere back in time, but she was there - still so broken and sinned.

Reina stopped next to Carla, noticing her parents standing near her as well. They both looked done with the place, needy to go home just like Reina was. When Alejandro met his daughter's eyes from across the crowd, he only nodded slightly, which left something scarring in Reina's soul, causing her to look back at the stage with pursed lips. "Are you okay?" the marchioness next to her questioned silently, noticing Reina's expression.

The Ojeda could only stare ahead of herself, watching Lucrecia walk up the stage with a glass of martini. Reina noticed her expression, something bad was about to happen. Lucrecia wasn't one to let things go off easily and the fact that everyone had hurt her would prove twice as big of a problem. "No," Reina finally answered Carla, the blonde sighing and moving to stand closer towards Reina.

Both looked at the stage again as Carla frowned, wanting to say something that has been bothering her for months. "You know."

Reina breathed out, grimacing when Lu touched a microphone and it went static. "So do you. All those months."

Carla looked emotional over Reina's cold words but before she could plead her case, Lu finally spoke into the mic, a fake wide smile plastered on her beautiful face. "Hello?" she tested the mic to see if was working as Carla glanced away from Reina, who tried hard not to look at Polo, standing a few feet away from her. "Good evening. Well... Thank you sincerely for being here tonight. Thank you for your kindness, from the bottom of my heart. It's hard to believe that there are still good people in the world who we can trust."

Reina couldn't help but glance at Polo to see his eyes already on her. He smiled slightly, leaving Reina to glance away, her heart beating out of her chest. "And thank you especially to a wonderful woman..." Lu then continued, Reina's heart not stopping so she realized something bad was about to happen. Somebody had to get Lu off the stage until things could to bad. "A generous and very special friend. Cayetana, please, let's give her a hand!"

"This isn't going to end well," Reina mused quietly, Carla musing in agreement as people began to clap for the blonde, who acted all shy and smiley.

Lu held a smirk on her face until somebody clicked in her. Reina closed her eyes, bracing for the impact until Lu finally changed her tone, opening up how fucked up all of them were. "And a fucking liar," she admitted, changing her stance so a few people gasped here and there, mumbling following so Carla exhaled deeply and looked at Reina tiredly.