// twenty-two //

•Someone To Stay•

••••••

••••••

W H E N  S A M U E L  S T O P P E D in front of Reina, she immediately finished her drink, knowing damn well she couldn't face the boy, who looked at her like she was the killer, while being sober. Samuel looked calm, wary even, noticing how hard Reina tried to keep eye contact with him. "You look nice," he complimented simply, pointing at her long dress and face make up, leaving the girl to only nod her head, thanking him silently.

It's been a while the two of them talked alone, back then it was much easier despite it still being hard, but now she knew the truth. Now, Samuel's brother was free and yet Samuel didn't stop his detective game, still trying to find Marina's real killer, who Reina was still defending despite threatening to out. But she knew she'd do it to the police, not this guy, who stared at her like she was the biggest mistake ever done. To say that his look humiliated Reina wouldn't be enough. "What do you want, Samu?" she whispered, praying for him to just leave her alone quickly so she could leave the mess of this party and go home to the comfort of her mom and sisters.

Samuel smiled softly, finding her guardedness amusing. Reina raised her chin up slightly higher, wanting for the guy to stop pressuring her. "Nothing, just wanted to say hi to someone who I do consider a friend," he whispered despite the loud music, leaving Reina to realize he was still playing with her guilt. He was good at it, making her feel worse even if it seemed impossible anymore.

Reina nodded her head, hating being pressured by someone. She glanced around for Ander, out of all people, since he was the only one to share Polo's secret with her. Reina realized how much she had missed Ander and needed him by her side - boyfriend he was to her or just a friend. "Sorry," Reina answered calmly, turning around to take another glass of alcohol, Samuel stopping on her side, focused and falsely friendly. "I'm just a little annoyed right now."

"Valerio?" Samuel asked knowingly, Reina almost spitting out her drink when their eyes met, Samuel chuckling at her expression. "Don't worry, if you don't want anyone knowing about you two, I won't say anything."

Reina looked away with a clenched jaw. Samuel saw them and now knew that they definitely weren't just a girl and guy, pinning over her. But did it even matter anymore? Valerio was clearly angry with her, hurt too, and Reina couldn't lie to him anymore. The second this crossed her mind, Reina realized that maybe her story with Valerio was already finished. A short one, but it left a big scar in Reina's heart, on top of the scar from Ander. Reina frowned, feeling hurt again. "First of all, there's no us," she grumbled, staring ahead of herself, trying not to become emotional. "Secondly, Samuel, why were you staring at us?"