// twenty-seven //

•Dangerous Liaisons•

••••••

••••••

N A D I A C O N T I N U E D T O B E Q U I E T and it killed Valerio. She continued to give lessons to the Montesinos, barely able to look him in the eye after the indiscretions she learned about him. It was a stupid thing - Nadia just wanted to be better than Lu and after Lucrecia blackmailed her, Valerio thought it would be a good idea to give some leverage to Nadia. Nadia won but Valerio's secret that she wanted to learn left her in ruins. Especially after she knew how much Valerio meant to Reina. Reina had told Nadia honestly and everything about their relationship, leaning on her best friend, who now knew what Valerio was doing.

It was the same thing all over again and Nadia could barely look at Reina without not wanting to tell how fucked up Valerio actually was. Nadia knew Reina was clueless how messed up the boy she liked was. "The first thing we do is remove the determinant from the matrix," Nadia continued to lecture Valerio, who only stared at the female with a guilty face, repeating her name, but she wouldn't budge. "But if it's not a square matrix-"

"Nadia-"

"What?" Nadia snapped quietly, still keeping her eyes on the books, Valerio's hurt eyes lingering on the female who couldn't even glance at him.

"I'm here," the guy mused silently, causing Nadia to pause from learning. She felt bad for being so cold, but only for Reina. The redhead didn't deserve someone else hurting her like Ander did and that was exactly what Valerio was doing. "Hi. Do I disgust you so much?"

Nadia pursed her lips, still not looking up at someone she considered to be her friend. "Is that question part of the exam?"

Valerio clenched his jaw, feeling incredibly bad for his girlfriend, but he had to tell Nadia that he and Lu were over, even if he still couldn't shake away that feeling. He had Reina now and his feelings for her were just as powerful. "You can't even look me in the eye. But you don't mind giving me lessons as long as I'm still paying you. I guess your moral ground has a price. But I'm the one that's fucked up."

Nadia paused from writing, her eyes halfway on Valerio so the guy leaned forward, trying to prove to Nadia that he wasn't a bad person. Fucked up, yes, but never bad. "Lu has always been by my side," he began, Nadia trying to hide the disgust of this matter. "She is everything to me. And she feels the same way about-"

"Seriously, Valerio. We're here to study. I don't want to know any more, okay?"

Valerio exhaled softly and leaned back on the chair, causing Nadia to frown. They both heard Guzman's voice from the hallway, leaving the duo to look that way and see Guzman talking to none other but Reina as he asked her where Ander was. Reina looked lost and uneasy, but spoke to the blond calmly, causing Nadia's look to linger on Guzman. Valerio, on the other hand, stared at the redhead sadly.